Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The alarm system was in when i bought the car it worked when i got it but, just got worse over the years. I took it to get looked at a couple years back and they did something to fix it. They just went under the dash did some times and it was fine.

This is what is wrong.
When the alarm is going off you can not hear it unless you are within five feet of the front of the car, you can't even hear it when you are at the back of the car. and the lights flash.

I went under the dash and found a little red blanking light when the alarm is set so i followed that back to this black box (picture) but it is wire tied to something and can not move it. I also found this button and this other box, (picture) its clear and when the alarm is set there is another red light inside that blinks but only some times when its set?

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/seneye/0901091513.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/seneye/GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

If you look at the first picture and then the second on the left you can see where the clear box cuts off at. just so you get an idea where this is all at.

I tried to fill around the black box for a button, i read on here somewhere there is a button but i couldn't find it, do i have to open it to get to it?
and is that other button anything to do with the alarm?

Also, i worked on my driver side door a while back too, and this bad boy fell out??
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/seneye/downsized_0901091614.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/seneye/downsized_0901091615.jpg
is this anything to do with the alarm?

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
Unless you have a good reason to keep that aftermarket alarm, I suggest to use the oem one, just tell borrow someones remote and I will tell you how to make it work into your car, if it doest work then you dont have the oem.

Do you see a blinking theft light? or call the dealership give them your vin and ask them if your had was equipped with a alarm I'm pretty sure it is. If the remote works get one on ebay for 15 bucks that's what I did,also I had a cheap alarm... :/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, my bad I forgot to say its a viper alarm system, and yes I have a blinking theft light, although its under the dash right now, it just has a long red and blue wire neatly tucked under the dash I could put it out if I wanted to which I probably will now that I found it.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
that clear black box is your motion sensor. that black button that you have pictured is your valet switch. if you turn your ignition to the on position then back off and press and release it within the first 10 seconds of turning the ignition off then you have set it in valet mode where the alarm will be deactivated. at this point the LED will remain constantly lit and not blink.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
are you just trying to make the alarm louder or is there something else that isnt working? if you can manage to find the siren for the alarm under the hood there should be 3 sets of wires on the siren. a black looped wire, a black/white looped wire, then the power and ground wires (red and black). The black/white wire if not cut will keep the volume output low when the siren goes off. if you want it to be louder then you need to cut this wire in half. If there is something else wrong if you can get me a picture of the black box (brain) where it shows the model # I can help you out further.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I just want to make it louder... alot louder, not one can hear it as of right now. I looked at the siren, it looks to have two wires cut on it already and then a wire, which looks like there is a red one and a black one with a red line down the side of it, but those two are connected, like one wire but really two.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and i found a black box that says viper...
and then it says 600 ESP if that helps at all?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Yea I just want to make it louder... alot louder, not one can hear it as of right now. I looked at the siren, it looks to have two wires cut on it already and then a wire, which looks like there is a red one and a black one with a red line down the side of it, but those two are connected, like one wire but really two.
It sounds to me like your siren has went bad. If it is sill making an audible sound and is not in valet mode then you need to replace your siren. They are non expensive.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
i had a viper 791xv... loved it and was great.. its on ebay for sale now but viper's are the shizzle...
Your selling it on eBay? Why didn't you try and all it here. I would have bought it off of you:mad:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
well i can take it down if your still interested and i did post it on here.. no one was interested.. i have so many parts for sale... ugh..
PM me what youve got and what how much.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
If it was in valet mode it wouldn't be making any sound correct?
correct. it will not make an audible sound from the siren and the LED will remain constantly on instead of blinking. But everything else will still work just those 2 things are different.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts