Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently picked up an alarm off of a buddy of mine that was on his impala. I was wondering if any one knew if its like a "universal" fit, or do i have to buy one specifically for ford. Its is a remote start alarm. The brand is autopager if that helps. Any info is appreciated

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
any aftermarket alarm system is universal. the only thing that you will need is a bypass module for your car that will copy the codes from both keys so that the PATS system will recognize that no one is trying to steal the car.

Look for Directed Electronics products: XK04, 1100F, 556U (requires you to place a key inside the box)

if you are going to be attempting to do it yourself there are some things that you need to know so just PM me and I can give you the wiring location and colors of all the wires that you will need.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. i appreciate it. But i wont be attempting this lol...il let a pro handle it..

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
No problem... just make sure to have them go over everything with you on how it works and what not. dont leave until you are trully satisfied with the function and also make sure that you dont see anything wrong with your car like broken interior panels and what not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will do...cuz my friend had his done and they drove his car around for like a week..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts