Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do i clean the centers of my seats with? also, i got a bit of paint on the leather bolster of my driver seat, what would be the best way to get that off?

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

heres the paint im talkin about

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
I would try some CG innerclean. Spray on the microfiber and GENTLY try to buff off dust and debris. I'm going to try and find a link to a video Larry from ammo made of him removing stains from leather. I know you have alcantara, but I assume they're pretty similar in cleaning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Found it.
its probably not paint but it might help you out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive heard its completely different cause its basically suede.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

that video is great! ill have to see if i can get that paint off tomorrow cause its DRIVING ME CRAZY. tossed you some reps

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill post up if i get the paint off tomorrow. i think that may work.

heres the two small stains i have in the alcantara. you really dont even notice em unless you look for em but i know theyre there so it bothers me a bit...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
You dont want to use CG inner clean on alcantara that will ruin them, you need a specific alcantara cleaner, just follow the directions on the page I sent your the link to. I suggest you get this one man. Phil gives us members a discount of 10% since he is the sponsor for our detailing section, so that will save you a little on it. The code is the word mustang. As for the Paint transfer you need a boars hair brush and some leather cleaner.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Leather-Master-Foam-Cleaner-for-Suede-and-Alcantara_p_213.html

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Sonax-Leather-Foam-400-ml_p_336.html

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Uber-Leather-Cleaning-Brush_p_331.html

Reactions: JoshC

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
No problem man. Hey looks like your not too far away from me if your ever in El Paso, PM me man maybe we can go for a cruise.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
food beer and mustangs. DAMN YOU PEOPLE. Theres nobody out here in georgia, lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know if it's area specific, but the detailing brand Quest makes an interior cleaner (conveniently called "interior cleaner") that we used on all of the alcantara seats on the ZL1/ZR1 cars at the dealership. No adverse effects over 4+ years of detailing, and I will attest to the quality of the entire Quest line of products, especially their Cherry Flash Wax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.