Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I got an alignment today.....I asked for -1.5 which is possible even on factory settings but I had a camber kit. The mechanic said the rear wasn't adjustable and even with the camber kit, I couldn't go more than what he had done....I just wanted you guys to take a look at it and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Trying to get negative camber on a solid/live axle?

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
Trying to get negative camber on a solid/live axle?
It's possible... although it doesn't have the same effect as it would on an IRS set up where it can change dynamically. It IS nice to have the values even if you can't adjust it though so you know what you are working with. For instance my 09 has toe OUT on the rear which is actually beneficial to getting the car to turn. Now if only the idiot setting it up (me) would set it up right! :p

What camber kit are you using? Even with camber bolts you should be able to get way more than -0.9 and -0.6 for camber.

What specifically is your suspension set up again? I can't keep all of you guys straight with your suspension mods! :p

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I think he was running camber blots. If so he should have been able to get close to -2 on the camber.

·
6,578 Posts
I think he was running camber blots. If so he should have been able to get close to -2 on the camber.
Depends on which hole he installed them in... In the top hole he may not be able to get any more. I would take the car to a different alignment shop and see what they can do. He may also not be able to do anything else as a Cover Your Ass kind of thing... either way, you should be able to get a lot more than that!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depends on which hole he installed them in... In the top hole he may not be able to get any more. I would take the car to a different alignment shop and see what they can do. He may also not be able to do anything else as a Cover Your Ass kind of thing... either way, you should be able to get a lot more than that!
What do you mean Cover Your Ass kind of thing??

Yes I should have camber bolts on there...or I got ripped off by the dealership :(

·
6,578 Posts
What do you mean Cover Your Ass kind of thing??

Yes I should have camber bolts on there...or I got ripped off by the dealership :(
Some places won't do alignments past certain specs even if they are still in manufacturer specs to cover their ass should the tires wear prematurely.

Of the dealer did the bolt install chances are they got installed in the top hole to remove negative camber at which point I can see those specs being feasible. I am confused though as to why they didn't try to make it the same side to side though...

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He said it'll settle after driving...

If I remember correctly, he said he couldn't go more than those specs...:/

·
Registered
198 Posts
OK, so newly-installed springs + camber bolts? The springs will settle; when I lowered my last car I waited a week before getting an alignment to allow them to settle (yes, I dealt with a wonky alignment for a week--no harm done).

Personally I'd wait a week or so to allow the springs to settle & then find another alignment shop--preferably one familiar with modified and/or race cars.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
I'm with Whiskey on the whole equal side to side bit. Anything less is just plain lazy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts