Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dropped the k-member in my cobra and installed longtubes, then when i put everything back together, i had negative camber on both sides, with the driver's side a tad bit worse. i tried to get it aligned, but my stock caster camber plates couldn't go far enough to pull the camber back out to normal. the guy told me to try getting caster camber plates, so i bought maximum motorsport CC plates. installed them in positive orientation. took it back for an alignment and camber was still negative. switched them to negative orientation for a little more wiggle room, still had negative camber. guy tried everything, inluding switching my directional tires to the opposite sides :crazy. after that, he told me my body might be bent, which doesn't make sense since my panels all line up, the car has never been in a wreck, and it even has subframe connectors.

so i did some more work. i installed a bumpsteer kit (needed it anyways) and steeda X2 ball joints without the spring spacers. took it for an alignment at a different shop. guy told me he couldn't align it because the car sits too low. i took it back apart, put the spring spacers on top of my spring isolators and put it back together, and the passenger side appears to have the correct camber, with my driver's side camber still appearing to be negative.

what's the deal here? why would dropping and reinstalling my k-member knock out the alignment like that?

i don't know what springs i have, but i think it's some type of ford racing spring since it's black

i'm planning on taking it back to the second shop i went to tomorrow to see if they can align it with the spacers.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump

the alignment shop wasn't open today

the front sits a little too high for my tastes with the spacers that came with the balljoint kit, so i want to take them back out, but there has to be a way for me to keep it that low and get it aligned. it definitely doesn't sit as low as the cars i've seen with H&R SS springs. what's going on here?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Are you sure the k member is square?

What we did on mine is I have the Eibach alignment bolts, AND mm plates, I'm in the good now, castor is slightly out of spec (4.1 both sides) so were gonna try to put them in the negative oriention when we put new header gaskets on

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you sure the k member is square?

What we did on mine is I have the Eibach alignment bolts, AND mm plates, I'm in the good now, castor is slightly out of spec (4.1 both sides) so were gonna try to put them in the negative oriention when we put new header gaskets on
i looked all underneath the car, and as far as i can tell, the k-member is in the exact position it was in before i removed it. the guy at the second alignment shop i went to said my sway bar might not be tightened all the way on one side which would cause one side to sit higher, but that's not it either

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if my alignment guy still can't figure it out, i'll see if mo's speed shop can. they're on the same street

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm, never even heard of those. that just might do the trick. i'll see how it goes. thank you.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm looking at the pictures of the camber bolts installed on AM. what do i do about my ABS bracket with those?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Instead of it being attached on the top bolt, you attach it on the bottom, there stupid easy to install, its literly just replacing a bolt

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Instead of it being attached on the top bolt, you attach it on the bottom, there stupid easy to install, its literly just replacing a bolt
cool, thanks for the info man. reps.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Good luck, I have them on mine already, when you get it aligned though, ask them to set the cc plates in a neutral setting for camber, and get it as close as possible with the bolts, then adjust off the plates, it will make your alignments in the future far easyer.

That's what were doing to mine in a few weeks. Gotta drop the k member, so when we re align it were gonna do it like that. Plus if you take it to the track it will be easyer to make adjustments.

Another note, I know mine didn't have any marks, you could always get some white paint with a real fine brush and measure lines as refrences, incase you do go to the track and need to make quick adjustments

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
If you're still having issues, try having them align the car while the k member is off. Throw it back on afterwards and have it realigned again. Maybe that would give your car enough wiggle room to get back into spec and have the k member tighten everything up again.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i wouldnt even be worried. I have yet to have good alignment. we make sure the total toe is within spec and run it. my caster and camber are off fro mbeing way too low.
good luck hope it goes well

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
If you're still having issues, try having them align the car while the k member is off. Throw it back on afterwards and have it realigned again. Maybe that would give your car enough wiggle room to get back into spec and have the k member tighten everything up again.
:wtf I'd love to hear how you would go about aligning the car without the K-member installed.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Must gt- you must not have the right people doing it, we were able to make mine perfect

And yea that's what I was wondering

1 - 20 of 49 Posts