Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was at firestone, and i have not gotten an alignment for about 2 years, but they said that they wont do it because of the rear spacers. is this b/s? has anyone had any problems with this? any help will do, thanks.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Rear wheel spacers? Shouldn't make any differance because they are only doing a 2 wheel alignment unless you have a Cobra w/IRS.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Go somewhere else. If they think they have to align the rear wheels then you probably shouldn't trust them to touch your car.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Then guy that i take mine to has some kind of electronic alignment machine, i believe he hooks it up to all four tires so im going to ask him when i get my new tires.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
The spacers will do nothing to the alignment. You don't even have IRS so it won't **** with any angle. Not even thrust angle, which is non adjustable anyways. I have a lifetime through fire-stone and I have quite a few aftermarket suspension mods, and I also have 1.5" wheel spacers in back.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, i thought it was bullcrap, maby it is the electronic alignment one, ill try a few other places and if they all say the same, ill take them off.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
It has nothing to do with the machine. They just don't want to do it. Some places will stick to the rules TOO much. But 'electronic' alignments are where its at.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts