Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my cars alignment is just a touch off but its enough to piss me off...i was wondering how hard it was to set the steering wheel straight with the wheels again

If you guys could give me steps on how to do it or a link to how to do it i would appreciate it

Thanks for the help guys

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
go to a shop you need a toe tool and some other specialized stuff you dont have

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yup no problem it should be more than 30-60 bucks depending on how bad it is

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol well i would say that 30-60 bucks for a fraction of an inch difference between the steering wheel adn the front wheels may not be first on my list unless its something that is going to cause me problems in the future

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
bad and premature tirewear

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
bad and premature tirewear
yea that sux. dont wait as long as i did. it got so bad on mine that i needed all new tires (back tires were bad due to passenger requested burnouts and youthful stupidity). i just went ahead and bought rims too. but yea it needs to be fixed

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
if you want to reset your steering wheel its not that hard... straighten your wheels... take the steering column apart in the engine bay... might have to drop the dash and pull the wheel away from the firewall.. ... straighten the steering wheel... put everything back together... will take ya 6 hours in your driveway

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
if u wait too long to get it done then ur tires will start wearing to the way it is now and then when u get it aligned the high spot on the tires will cut off first thing

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
yeah +1 for taking it a shop
I payed 92 for a complete balance, alignment, and rotation
but hey alignments are expensive

the alignement it self was like 70

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if you want to reset your steering wheel its not that hard... straighten your wheels... take the steering column apart in the engine bay... might have to drop the dash and pull the wheel away from the firewall.. ... straighten the steering wheel... put everything back together... will take ya 6 hours in your driveway
his wheels will still be off alignment his steering wheel will just be crooked when he gets them aligned again

·
Registered
39 Posts
i agreed with green just take your car to a good shop a have a total wheel alingment. and presto you will have your car done right they will set all the angles that are off and also will set the steering wheel.must of the alingment shops will give you warranty of 6 months at least some will also ofer more. remember every time you do anything to your suspension you need to have your alig.redone.also manufacture recomends you check alig. at least every 6 months. good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts