Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up another grill pony off of eBay for a great price a while back prepped it and shot it with some gloss black and a few coats of clear. I wanted to see if I'd like it better than my chrome pony. I like it and am going to roll with it this year. Kind of stealthy. If I get tired of it I'll switch them back.

It looks better in bright sunlight. Unfortunately, it's overcast today.

Here she be:

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
my girl said its gay.

ooooh burned!!!

not my cup o' tea, but it doesnt look bad.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my girl said its gay.

ooooh burned!!!

not my cup o' tea, but it doesnt look bad.
Yeah, it's not for everyone. Some are going to like it, some aren't, some are even going to think it's gay.
:rolleyes:

No biggie.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
was it hard to switch them out? I might have to pick one up and do that...

·
Registered
971 Posts
Looks pretty good like that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was it hard to switch them out? I might have to pick one up and do that...
Sooo easy. It took all of about 3 minutes. You'll have to get "tamper-proof" torx bits though. There are 2 mounting torx screws that have a raised portion in the middle of the socket. You'll never get them loose without the special bits.

Makes sense too. Damn near impossible to steal unless you had these specialty tools in your pocket.

Keep your eye on eBay. I waited around since it was winter and got a really nice one for $12.00 shipped.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
this is the grill pony u should get!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Naw, ain't feeling it. Kinda looks gay... j/k

I like to keep my stuff pretty plain and simple.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i like it also, looks good. i also agree with jdansby, you need a chin spoiler, would look great on there for sure man

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i like it also, looks good. i also agree with jdansby, you need a chin spoiler, would look great on there for sure man
Are you guys talking about the Mach I chin spoiler? I thought they never line up quite right. Don't go all the way back to the front of the wheel well opening.

Who's got some detailed install pics?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I'm breaking the link for obvious reason to some AND this is for a 99-04 but it's the same deal...

http(break )://www.mustangforums.com/m_2470387/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
looks good

1 - 20 of 31 Posts