Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone consider a full bolt-on set up what does it all consist of??

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
bolt ons as in what?

most parts will "bolt" on :)

break it down a bit..

ENGINE
Transmission
suspension
brakes

that will help you get a better response :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When someone says full bolt-on setup I am somewhat confused on ALL bolt-ons...

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
I personally think long tube headers, mid pipe, catback. Also some sort of aftermarket air intake, underdrivepullies, and throttlebody. Basically any aftermarket part that adds horsepower that can be swapped out with tools found in most toolboxes without tearing into the motor at all.

I don't consider gears or suspension upgrades bolt-ons.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am close to getting my PI out of the way and getting 4.10's also I wonder what that is gonna put me at in 1/8 mile time...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already run high 8's with drag radials but to be honest with you the only things I know about my car are the mods I did myself and I can tell you that out of all the NPI GT's at the track I run the fastest. In other words I think there is more done to it then I know and never checked for because I didnt know what to really look for until I got more into this forum and I have been in Iraq every sense then so I can't walk outside and see if it has PI parts or not the only thing I know about the intake is it has a little tab that says Ford Performance...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can take the stock PI GT's at the track... The only one I lost to had full custom exhaust and CAI and he Barely beat me...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bro I am gonna be perfectly honest with you. The stress that I go through here in Iraq affects my memory so much that the only reason I remember it saying Ford Performance is because a guy at the track came up to me and asked me to pop my hood and said that he had the same intake because his cracked and he had to replace it and the only one that Ford sells now is the Ford Performace and he pointed out the tab..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need to look on the cast of the heads and see if they are PI heads if not I am gonna buy AC's... It would make sense because from a 3rd gear punch on the high way I pulled slowly on a 2005 GT..

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Even if they are I am still gonna buy AC's because I gave him my word and I will send them off to get worked and ported and polished.. If mine are PI then I bet they have NPI cams because if it were full PI swap it should run mid 8's without DR's right?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think he just wants them out of his garage though...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts