Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get alittle more power out of it. now i've looked into alot of things like Forced induction and such but i want to keep it N/A, I also but i want to keep it smog legal too.

so

If i did a port and polish on the intake and exhaust ports would i still pass smog inspection.

And how much hp to the wheels would i gain if i did this?

cause i want to get above 310rwhp

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
port and polish of the intake and exhaust ports............so you want to put heads on your car, right? There are alot cheaper ways of getting 310 hp smog legal..........When you start messing with the heads, you are getting into some money. Hell even buying all the gaskets and hardware costs more than the normal bolt-ons. If you are just talking about porting of the intake manifold, spend your money elsewhere.

A better intake, delete plates, underdrive pulleys, smog legal exhaust, a good tune should net you close to 310. I'm not possitive what cams, if any, are smog legal. If your THAT worried about it, there is always nitrous

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Well.....there are two ways to go.

1. Livernois stage II heads, with spr stage 2 cams (127500), with meziere electric water pump,steeda udp crank pulley, good intake, steeda race plates, 4.10's and a spydershaft.

2. Vortech V-3 or Paxton novi 2200sl.....with 4.10's if you want a total beast mode. (non-intercooled for the safe side.)

Just my input. Plenty of power for fun and you can dial it down, and for the smog legal you can get an inspection tune or just get a cantri blower.......

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
port and polish of the intake and exhaust ports............so you want to put heads on your car, right? There are alot cheaper ways of getting 310 hp smog legal..........When you start messing with the heads, you are getting into some money. Hell even buying all the gaskets and hardware costs more than the normal bolt-ons. If you are just talking about porting of the intake manifold, spend your money elsewhere.

A better intake, delete plates, underdrive pulleys, smog legal exhaust, a good tune should net you close to 310. I'm not possitive what cams, if any, are smog legal. If your THAT worried about it, there is always nitrous
well personally don't know that much about port and polishing the heads. Thought about just keeping the stockers and doing that to them but dunno if you can.

as far as intake do any of you guys know of K&N or any companies have made one for the 05 Gt or bullitts. (and will a 07+ after market intake fit my Throttle body) that are carb legal.

as for exhaust right now
i have stock pipe but for axle back i have the magnaflow muffler deletes.
want to keep the bullitt exhaust.

as for nos... i don't want to glaze my heads and pistons lol

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
well personally don't know that much about port and polishing the heads. Thought about just keeping the stockers and doing that to them but dunno if you can.

as far as intake do any of you guys know of K&N or any companies have made one for the 05 Gt or bullitts. (and will a 07+ after market intake fit my Throttle body) that are carb legal.

as for exhaust right now
i have stock pipe but for axle back i have the magnaflow muffler deletes.
want to keep the bullitt exhaust.

as for nos... i don't want to glaze my heads and pistons lol
Ok, all intakes for the S197 will fit. And I would go with C&L racer , Steeda, Airaid with a tune. Also alot of bolts with some 4.10's will wake your car up....and into the 12's

·
Registered
623 Posts
At the 310 power level, I would be thinking about an SCT X3 tuner and Steeda or C&L CAI. You can get the tuner CAI package and save a little money, the tuner will open the door for a lot of mods. Next, a set of UDPs. From here on you should be looking at 4.10 gears, alum. d.s., cmcv delete plates and I believe the shorty headers are smog legal. Don't waste your money on a T.B. or aftertmarket intake at your power level. You should be around the power level you are seeking. Cams and cyl. head porting will give you a sustantial increase in power but I think you will be fighting with trying to keep it smog legal. I'm putting 343 hp to the rear wheels N/A but I'm not sure I could pass a smog test with cats on the car because of the cams. If I lived in Ca., I think I would be looking at a nice blower set up, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys for the advice.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
^^Where?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts