Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 gt with a swap from an 03 gt everything else under the hood is new, iac, tps, injectors, COPs, throttle body, cai, maf, o2s, vaccum lines, pcv, EVERYTHING. Literally blowing my mind right now. After replacing all of the forementioned and about 2k later, along with an altenator because i got it tested and the voltage regulator tested bad. Been having idle problems, dying, hesitation below 2k rpm and thought i finally found what was wrong. HARD NO. With the 2 wire disconnected it idles and runs perfect, with it connected it will not idle. Just dies just as before. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
What do you mean by 2 wire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
So when you plug it in it dies? Did you get the new alternator tested?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, 12.3 at the battery with car off 13.8 at battery and altenator when running. Also checked the diode. This is blowing my mind.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Any ac ripple? Is it throwing any codes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No ripple at the battery or altenator. Yes p0300 code random missfire but i believe that is being cause by the stalling out.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
This is a strange one indeed. If you can get ahold of another alternator just to try I would do that to rule this one out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the same thing. After it continued doing it i decided to take the old one and get it tested. Took it 2 different places and it tested good both times. I'm stumped I checked my grounds and they're good. Im wondering if i have a wire grounding somewhere but I'm not sure if that would even cause this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts