Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally dont post about my gropes and moans. but im down right impressed i didnt completely **** this thing up with how mad i was. i mean. First off, i soaked the thing down this morning with pb. Impact wouldnt budge it. 2' pipe wrench on the pulley and a 4' cheater bar wouldnt budge it and i eventually stripped the nut. well, a sawzall, dremmel, grinder, and 20 minutes later. The stupid little 6 rib pulley is off. sorry for the shitty pics

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Impact. Done.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
You know what works good? Is a torque multipliar. I used one once to get my drive shaft bolts off, pipe wouldn't work, so I used a friends torque multiplier and worked really good. It mulitplys the amount of torque you put on it by x amount. This one did it by 4. Others go higher and lower,

Good job getting it off though lol

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah we have torque multipliers at work. And ill say it again, my impact wouldnt budge it and it has a torque rating of 650 ft/lbs. I usually have no problem whatsoever. This one got the best of me.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
Looks like you threw a hand grenade at it and went to lunch.. I used a impact and rung mine right off every time.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Well you are persistant lol. On a side note I had an alternator nut come off while i was driving down the road......

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
I love how you exerted your frustrations on that nut. Looks like a job well done, but maybe, just maybe, slightly...... OVERKILL! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like when I was fighting with my collector nuts on the manifolds. (mid pipe end) I finally said eff it, threw the easy outs down, and took the pneaumatic cut off wheel to it. I felt so much better afterwards!

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
At first, I was thinking :deadhorse

But then I remembered I took a drill bit through a Tie Rod End Link that was being a pain in the a$$ on wifeys RSX. Then I did feel better as well since I was replacing it anyways

1 - 13 of 13 Posts