Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tl;dr: alternator whine, mach460, alpine head unit and sub, kenwood amp, how the **** do i get rid of this annoying little demon?

alright, i've got an 03 gt, mach 460 sound system that i put an alpine head unit(free, it was out of a uci at work and they wanted the stock 6 disc changer back for the factory look, which i just happened to have) in a few months back. I also installed my sub(1 alpine type r 12") and amp(kenwood, don't remember the exact model but it's 1000w peak and 3 or 400rms). rca and power cables run on opposite sides of the vehicle. Everything was good until I started getting the dreaded alternator whine. I'm assuming that's what it is, the frequency goes up and down with engine speed. If I hit the trunk release button it goes away, sometimes for a few seconds, sometimes for the entire drive. I tried removing my amp and pulling the fuse for the power wire to the amp just to see if it was related to that. It still whines regardless of whether or not the amp is plugged in/the power wire for the amp has the fuse. How do I get rid of this horrible goddamn noise? It's frustrating me to the point I don't even listen to the radio anymore.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Try to ground the your radio from the screw that's on the back of the radio in the center. Also see if you have a small ground wire on your RCA's if so you should also ground them. I had a similar issue and that cleared it up perfect. Most of all check your amp grounds to make sure they a still tight.

Reactions: yzdirtbikes144

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright i'll try all that once it stops raining and i can work on the car some more. I hope it clears it up, thanks man, reps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts