Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm I'm the process of relocating my battery and when I went to remove the stock charge cable I noticed this green wire connected to it via the fuseable link. Anyone know what this is for? I searched around and can't figure it out, nor is it in the diagrams I have.

·
13,577 Posts
That goes on the fuse block, the black thing on the firewall that all your power sources go to. It goes from the fuse block to the Starter from what i remember.

Sorry I dont know where that green wire goes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That goes on the fuse block, the black thing on the firewall that all your power sources go to. It goes from the fuse block to the Starter from what i remember.

Sorry I dont know where that green wire goes.
Yea, tracking that. I was just going to remove the stock alt wiring because I'm running the charge wire to the rear of the car now and didn't realize it Tee'd off into something else as well. Thanks though!

I remember this when I was troubleshooting my alternator. That's the voltage reference for the alternator. It's highlighted in this link. It goes from the fusible link to the fuse box, to the alternator.
http://www.modularfords.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44918&stc=1
Thanks, so basically it cannot be removed. I guess I could just cut the gray wire from the alt right at the link and leave the fuseable link attached to the fuse block with this green wire still attached. What did those of you that have relocated (NHRA legal) do with the stock alt wiring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts