Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash lights keep flickering while accelerating and sometimes my abs or battery light pops up especially when the sub hits when the musics on..all the wires are on tight and i dont think any of my wires are shorting anywhere off the battery. could it be my alternator?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Do you have underdrive pulleys

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Battery light will pop on and off if your alt is on the way out. IT could be puttin out an intermittent charge. Bring it into a parts store to have it tested.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
just to warn you, when mine went out each time I had them check it it passed. my issue was just intermittent. after fighting it for a month or so I finally got pissed and just bought a new one. all my issues went away. Best thing I did was to run two fused leads straight from the alt into the cabin and hokked my DMM to that. that way I was able to watch exactly what my voltage was doing. I found that it was normally acceptable, but there were a number of times that it dipped down to 12 or 11 Volts. after getting a new alternator it was constantly 12.5 and up. mostly in the 13V range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts