Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone put one of those on? if so, do you just unbolt it from the rear end and slide it out. then just put the new one on? or did you have to the the yolks off and swap em? cause my drive shaft came with what appears to be everything

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i think you have to reuse your v6 yoke

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why does it feel like installing the procharger (3 day project) is easier than installing a drive shaft..... maybe its easier on a lift... ill find out tomorrow

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have no idea, really, but how much is one of those and what kind of gains do you see? I haven't really looked around at any of those

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think it was like 200 something, i dont have it on yet... because i cant get the damn 92-100 lb torqued bolts off when its on jack stands. gona have to get it on a lift tomorrow and get a breaker bar

it weights 8 something pounds, sounds pretty damn light

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i think it weighs about 14lbs and the stock one weighs like 19lbs. but it makes a big diff.

i think they go for about $250 +/-$20. its a mod thats well worth it, probly gonna be my next one after my 8.8" :)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i also think for yalls you can use the aluminum driveshafts out of the police cars all you have to do is change the yolk
i heard juggz say something about that

·
Registered
130 Posts
i'm running one whats the part number for the one you got ? the M-4602-G is the one you need .are you auto or 5 speed ? 5 speed is a bolt in swap four bolts slide out slid in bolts back in done .auto you need to change the yoke with you stock shaft .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts