Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this fit my 03 Mach 1? I cant find one that tells you its for the mach 1, this one was posted on another forum but wanted to make sure. Do you guys think that is a good price and have any of you used that site? 96-04 DRIVESHAFT, ALUMINUM MUSTANG

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you and thank you for the help on the cai and tune, everything is being ordered today. :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I feel like I felt a difference with mine installed. I know it's always psychological but when I put mine in the car felt a little more responsive all around.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel like I felt a difference with mine installed. I know it's always psychological but when I put mine in the car felt a little more responsive all around.
Hopefully I feel the same, I ordered it yesterday along with a xcal2 and JLT CAI, kind of wondering how much rwhp I will loosen up with these mods. I am not expecting much but does anynone know actual numbers? or a guess? Will the difference be enough to show at the track or do I need more mods to start seeing a difference?

After I install them my mods will be:
Xcal2 with custom tune from Joe at Trick Tuners
JLT cold air intake
Frpp Aluminum driveshaft
x-pipe with magnaflow exhaust

·
Registered
663 Posts
That's a good list of modifications. You'll see better track times.

I'll say the best value is gears and a good set of tires. Bolt on whatever you want but for the price nothing beats drag radials and a 4.10.

Oh, nitrous if you're into it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not really into the nitrous but for sure the tires are next. Have to wait a little bit on that though because I have reached the limit of what I want to spend on the car for now. Thanks for the info though,:drink

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
That is the same driveshaft that I ordered. The only difference was that I ordered mine from AM, and even with discount I still paid more than that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found that drive shaft site on another mustang site, I guess it was a good price but not going to get excited till I have the product in front of me. Hopefully it all comes shiped right and is in good condition.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
when I had my old mach1 I pick up considerable HP with just a CAI, the tuner and shaft will add more icing to the cake

I say you will drop about .5 seconds off the quartermile atleast with those mods!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool thank you, I hope I do get a good improvement. Im getting more and more excited every day, according to the shiping info everything will be getting here on the 17th.:):woot I wont be able to install everything till the 21st,but still... also going to be the first things I install on this car my self so that makes it even more exciting.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Mach1's are drag strip whore's

They are doing mid 11's with a few bolton's, some suspension work, and some nice tires

over 400rwhp can be reached with bolt-ons, some porting, and mild cams on a mach1

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Good, I have full boltons, minus headers. I plan on having Doc port my intake, and cams and a built lowerend plus some ported heads are coming next winter. If I hit upper 3xx's N/A I will be happy. I am planning on going FI, but not sure if I am going to use a turbo or supercharger. I want a car that is versitile. I would like to go the road course for open track days on the weekends, but still be able to go to Milan. I am really thinking that the KB 8 rib is what I will end up with. I wouldn't mind a Whipple, but not sure yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts