Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told alum- drive shafts from police cars are the same length as the mustang,,im and old chevy guy .anyone have any info on this..I know were there four of them

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I have an aluminum driveshaft out of an Explorer. I have to get it shortened 4.5 inches. But i got it new for 40 bucks shipped...
What did you pay to have it shortened?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm told cop car uses shorter length than the pass car..we need to call the cops and tell them to measure there drive shafts cause we need them for r soup up stangs...

·
Registered
129 Posts
if you guys are talkin about the crown victorias then I will be able to get a measurement...i change their tires in my town i will let u guys know

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
if you guys are talkin about the crown victorias then I will be able to get a measurement...i change their tires in my town i will let u guys know
+1 do it, do it, do it:yes

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
this will be amazing, there are retired cop cars everywhere, we could just do the switch for them

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no im not being selfish,,,one of the threads be low said they will fit ,but you need to change front yoke..

·
Registered
87 Posts
:woot Oh sh*t! I just confirmed they do have them. I don't have a measurement but I'm a firefighter and I called our shop and they confirmed police package vics have the aluminum shafts and we have 2 totaled vics.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
It will fit u just need to use your yolks. i already did the research and measuring about 6 months ago and talked to a ford tech about it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts