Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My driveshaft got here today so i was wondering if anyone else got a driveshaft from A.M and can chime in on how theirs came because mine has no grease at all on the u joints and they are stiffer than hell to move did anyone else get them like that? Also there is a ton of blue and yellow markings on it so i guess its balanced but im not sure which side to bolt up on the differential, does it not matter for the first time putting it on? I know my old one i marked the bottom side of it and the differential with paint so that way if i ever put it back on i know which way to bolt it up.

On the flywheel i didnt match it up right i need more patience sometimes. But for new driveshafts does it not matter which way u bolt it up? Just whenever u take it off after the first install u have to mark it? And for driveshafts on A.M did you guys get yours with grease on the U joints or no?

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Dude flywheels only go on one way. You gotta keep turning it...the bolts arnt all in the same pattern.

Also add some grease lol

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thx i sorted the flywheel out and torqued it to 60 lbs with loc tite but dont ever buy a clutch kit on ebay.... I made this mistake and when i tried to put it on the plastic alignment tool wouldnt even hold the clutch disk on and then i noticed 2 of the pressure plate fingers are bent inward. DONT EVER BUY A CLUTCH KIT OFF EBAY >.< if it aint one thing its another man i have horrible luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts