Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay.. I haven't found a 28 spline driveshaft. I was under the impression that that we had 28 spline for everything stock.. Does it matter if the driveshaft is 31 spline??

·
Registered
187 Posts
well, mu sells a 28 spline for a t5/45 and a 7.5/8.8 rear end. thats what we installed. they also have a ? spline for a 99-04 gt/ 96-98 cobra. im confused as well. maybe the newer tr3650 is a 31?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found one for 175ish that is the same as the one that american muscle is selling

·
Registered
187 Posts
i found one for 175ish that is the same as the one that american muscle is selling
sorry, i havent had a chance to find out exactly yet. where did you find one for 175 if you dont mind me asking. im in the market for one, and the cheapest ive found is mu, unless i buy used, and im not sure i want to buy someone elses driveshaft. possible warp or unbalenced ussues.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the one i found was on ebay, never installed, still new in garage. but 40 bucks for shipping.. so i decided id just drive to mustangs unlimited and get it if i still decide i want it when it gets outta the shop

·
Registered
187 Posts
from what i understand from my friend, whos a bigger stang junkie then i, stock is a 28 spline. so if they advertise it as being a 31 spline, i assume it wont work without changing the rear end to 31 spline

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It will work fine. They are talking about the transmission input spline. They will work fine and bolt up fine. Transmission spline is 31 stock...
sweet, thats what i was tryin to figure out thanks :D
i looked online at tremecs website and a google search and couldnt figure out how many it was

·
Registered
187 Posts
well, i am late, but i spoke to allen up at mu, and he says it fits. the trans mission is a 31 spline, thats y we were confused. but i guess im late on the answer. sorry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts