Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in purchasing this hood for my 04 Gt and was curious if the underneath is finished and how much prep work needed before paint.. I am always leary about buying fiberglass stuff due to the damage and prep work just to make it fit correctly before paint

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Different years but I bought my Kaneen hood from am a few years back. And the prepped finish was mint my body guy loved working with it you should check out that brand there are some cheap hoods out there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Different years but I bought my Kaneen hood from am a few years back. And the prepped finish was mint my body guy loved working with it you should check out that brand there are some cheap hoods out there.
Thanks for the info.. I have looked at vis and trufiber.. I have also seen some cheap junk... If I wasn't so concerned about heat soak I would just leave the stock gt hood on...

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I am interested in purchasing this hood for my 04 Gt and was curious if the underneath is finished and how much prep work needed before paint.. I am always leary about buying fiberglass stuff due to the damage and prep work just to make it fit correctly before paint
Blown04Vert,

The AM Cowl hoods are great. There's not much prep work to be done, the fitment is spot on and we don't have any returns for fitment issues on this particular item! I think you'll be really happy with this set up.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blown04Vert,

The AM Cowl hoods are great. There's not much prep work to be done, the fitment is spot on and we don't have any returns for fitment issues on this particular item! I think you'll be really happy with this set up.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan
I see the cowl hoods are out of stock... Do you have an idea when they will be available for purchase?

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
I believe the "AM" hood is made by Kaenen - a high-quality, American-made hood. The only thing that would bother me is the 5" rise. But, that's a personal decision.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the "AM" hood is made by Kaenen - a high-quality, American-made hood. The only thing that would bother me is the 5" rise. But, that's a personal decision.
Ok that is good to know... I found that name brand hood on Mustangs unlimited as well...

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
A hood is one of the toughest things to ship if you do it make sure your there when its delivered. So you can check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
I see the cowl hoods are out of stock... Do you have an idea when they will be available for purchase?
Unfortunately it is out of Stock at the moment. It looks like that hood should be back in stock within the next 2 Weeks. Your best would be to put yourself on our "Notify Me When Back In Stock" list. You can find that option on the product page and will hook you up as soon as it arrives at our Facility!

I hope this helps!

-Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts