Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so My car is all buffed out and perfect and got my Glasur on it. Mobil tint guy is coming tomorrow to tint my car. he did my mustang and does real good job at the tint just when he did my stang he must not use a very good rag to clean up and it left some micrmarring in the paint. He isnt a detailer so I cant really blame him but this time I let him know dont bother to clean anything up i will take care of that and I did this

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought tint went on the outside...
tint goes on inside..I am just saying protecting my paint from excess water he sprays applying the tint so it doesnt run down my paint and he wipe off with a dirty rag..also if he is using a solution like dawn and water that can strip my LSP

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
That's not a bad idea. I don't think you went too far. Those are the steps you have to take to keep your paint in good shape. People think I'm crazy when I am constantly keeping the integrity of my paint in mind but those are the people who wash their cars with bath towels and wonder why their paint doesn't look as good as mine lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
Yup. I'm sure the tint guy will not have a problem with it at all!

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
so My car is all buffed out and perfect and got my Glasur on it. Mobil tint guy is coming tomorrow to tint my car. he did my mustang and does real good job at the tint just when he did my stang he must not use a very good rag to clean up and it left some micrmarring in the paint. He isnt a detailer so I cant really blame him but this time I let him know dont bother to clean anything up i will take care of that and I did this
Youre my Hero dude. Im about to get my car retinted, totally doing this haha

tint goes on inside..I am just saying protecting my paint from excess water he sprays applying the tint so it doesnt run down my paint and he wipe off with a dirty rag..also if he is using a solution like dawn and water that can strip my LSP
^

I don't see a problem with it at all. Total protection FTW.
Awesome idea

Yup. I'm sure the tint guy will not have a problem with it at all!
I think he will either feel better while he does it, or feel really stressed cause Vader is so Particular lol, arent we all tho.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I see no issues with said protection!

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I wanna know where to get the plastic.....

:)

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its just the window plastic you buy at walmart to cover your windows for the winter

he is here now..he laughed and said he never had anyone have plastic on the car before LOL

·
Registered
323 Posts
how did it turn out? hopefully no scratches on that new subaru paint. any pics?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well tint turned out nice..I didnt notice anything but it was really overcast today and he didnt wipe anything down. so i would assume nothing got messed up. I plan on washing it tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,473 Posts
hell no! i can bet you he's not gonna use a m/f towel, nor make sure his towel has no dirt or **** that would scratch your black paint. i dont blame ya at all.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Awesome dude, post pics, i bet your subaru looks sex now.

I cant wait to get mine retinted, mines bubbling.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
^!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts