Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question, AM sells an intake spacer for like 26 bucks. Do these gain anything? I know they're a cheap mod but do they do anything at all to increase power? I'm not looking for how they work i know what they are supposed to do but has anyone ever used one and noticed any difference.

·
Registered
428 Posts
i have a 1/2" plenum spacer and a 1" throttle body spacer. I installed these at the same time as my 75mm throttle body and upper plenum. I could def. feel a difference but I am not sure how much of that came from the spacers and how much of that came from the bigger throttle body and plenum. I am sure they add a little bit but not sure how much.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a 1/2" plenum spacer and a 1" throttle body spacer. I installed these at the same time as my 75mm throttle body and upper plenum. I could def. feel a difference but I am not sure how much of that came from the spacers and how much of that came from the bigger throttle body and plenum. I am sure they add a little bit but not sure how much.
yea itll go under the accufab plenum and i have a 75mm tbody, i mean if it adds 2-3 hp i'd get it for that cheap. i'm trying to hit 300 at the wheels so every little bit helps

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i ran both the t/b spacer and the plenum spacer, dont do much. then again you arent going to feel 2-3 hp either.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
AM doesnt really have too many performence mods on there that are just a waste...thats what i like about that site. But ive seen this ask before and i think there where more no's than yes's

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
only way i would get one is the upr and i was gonna use it to spray my n2o with. other than that they are worthless

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
someone's ask this question before and the answers that were given was that the spacers are more for carb eng and that they dont do anything for our cars. but in my opinion, since you asked, 2-3 hp is more than you had before. and for $26. not bad i guess.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I say its worth a shot. You wont feel 2-3 hp, but that doesnt mean its not there. And even if it doesnt add anything, you are only out 26 bucks.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I just put one on a couple of weeks ago...dont expect your car to throw you in the seat after the install...I had a gift certificate to the site thats the only reason I got it....but it may show up on a dyno

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I'm backing Khaos here, but hey, like everyone else (nearly) has said, it's only 26 bucks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts