Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the CnL Racer CAI and SCT Tuner combo from American Muscle today at 2:47 pm EST today and recieved an email stating that my order is being processed.

How long does that take? I was hoping to fill out the form about my car for the tuner (stock, lol) today.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Well mine took about a week cause they have to tune the tuner before you get it. I just got mine and it is good purchase. You will havefun man

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
You'll fill out the form tomorrow telling 'bama about your mods and then the tuner will get there in a week or so. At least, that was my experience. And don't bother with the other tunes, just load the race tune. I love it. I loaded the race and then took a long road trip and was still getting 20 mpg.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Never did get an email explaining how to let Bama know about mods so I just called and they pointed me in the right direction.

I asked for a street 87, race 89, and race 91 (no 93 around SLC that I've found). Not sure if that can be done.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Never did get an email explaining how to let Bama know about mods so I just called and they pointed me in the right direction.

I asked for a street 87, race 89, and race 91 (no 93 around SLC that I've found). Not sure if that can be done.
Yeah you can do that, but I would recommend getting 3 different tunes of the same gas octane. That why you can shift from race to street, ect, without having to worry about what type of gas it is, just put in one type all the time. I do this with 93

·
MM Gaming Guru
5,692 Posts
^^ What he said. It was real inconvenient for me to have to wait to switch from my 87 street tune to my 91 race. ANd even then I had to run the 91 race on 93, so next time I get tunes I'm goin for all 93 octane. Just easier that way, plus see a tiny improvement in 93 oct.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
This is what alot of guys are doing. We see more and more orders for 96-04 Mustangs coming in with 91 or 93 octane across all 3 tunes. A lot of this is because the 96-04 Mustangs don't have as much power left on the table in the factory calibration as some of the newer ones (05+). Ford was a lot more conservative, so when we make the changes, there's a much more drastic difference for them, unfortunately. Plus drive-by-wire manipulation makes the car feel night/day better via throttle response.

Either way, you'll feel a nice difference with our premium fuel tunes even on a 2v with non-pi heads, let alone with PI heads.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well thanks for sayin something NOW, Chris. lol

I just got out CnL Racer and Tuner combo today. Already installed.

LOVE the race tune!!!

Great job AM and Bama!!!

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Awesome! Glad that you're happy with it. We appreciate the positive feedback! I think you'll continue to enjoy it, even as you add more mods that require a retune! If you have any questions or problems, you know where to find us!

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts