Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the American Muscle custom tune. I have a 2003 3.8l with a bbk cai, TB, and Spacer. What mpg gains can I see? I currently run 89 and get 28-32 mpg.

Thanks in advance,

·
muneris pro ego
7,475 Posts
the TB spacer isnt doing anything for you. and i wouldnt expect too much gains from those mods. from the tune you should see a lil better gas mileage, but dont expect anything drastic. if you want a tune from AM, pm AMnick.

you can also get excellent tunes from Justin @ VMP Tuning or Joe @ Trick Tuners

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Great mpg, wow! Dyno tune will always be best, teamed with data logging. The custom tune, while it is made for your model year, is not made for YOUR car. Having it dyno tuned allows for tuning to be done on exactly how your car operates. Then, while you're driving after the initial tune, you can run data logging, which you then send in or bring back to the tuner, who can then create a more accurate tune based on the data you provide. That is custom tuning at its best, and will provide the best results.

·
Registered
699 Posts
28 is awsome...i have no idea how you reach such great mpg..but i'd leave it as is lol
I agree 100% I average 20-22 mpgs w/ the 4.10s. Even w/o them the most i've ever gotten was about 26 and that was almost all highway

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
yeah my best back when the car was stock was probably 25highway
and 22-24 was avg city.

with the 2 pumps and 60lb injectors the car saw about 15mpg lol

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
I suck I get 10mpg on the city, highway 13~15 that's why I want a newer stang .....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I usually got about 30mpg per tank, before I did my mods, but then again thats 80% highway. Idk what it gets now b/c Ihavent made it through a fuul tank yet since the shop screwed up when installing my flywheel

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
BDS you've got issues man, it's not just the car being old.

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
BDS you've got issues man, it's not just the car being old.
When I first got it I used to get 13mpg city but it needed a tune up after that I used go get 15mpg city, then I had bad idle and found that one of the hoses attached to the fuel filter was leaking so that put me at 10mpg, I fixed that already but its still low but I do drive it hard and 90% of the time on the city... :yes

First owner told me that I will be getting 3~4mpg less due to heavy wheels and sounds system, but eitherway 70hp more and more mpg ftw... (from a new edge gt) :D and for just 500 bucks more if I find one, that will be great. ;)

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
I don't think the wheels&system would cause that much loss, but driving like a bat outta hell on top of that sure will. Buy a GT already! Too much talk!

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
wow bds how do you get such poor mpg? my six while racing and mixed driving would avg about 13mpg-14mpg. thats with 2 upgraded fuel pumps and 60lb injectors and rich tune.
how are you adding up to 13?
Also whats your budget on a car?
I pay 468 a month for the GT its a brand new 09. I'd recommend it over a 99-04GT 2V.
Plus if you want a newer car with warranty its nice, thats the main reason i went new. If you want to mod it and screw warranty then even 05 GT wont be too bad a price probably 300 or so a month

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
I don't think the wheels&system would cause that much loss, but driving like a bat outta hell on top of that sure will. Buy a GT already! Too much talk!
:lol I keep watching cheap stangs but autos and I want a manual its fun to shift gears, also some friends with suv's had told me that they do loose 3mpg aprox with heavy wheels...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts