Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its just the buffer this time. The lightning deal starts at 6pm EST I am not sure what the price is going to be as its not listed yet.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Will be watching

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
You can buy the GG polisher..... But you will buying a machine that is guaranteed to break after a few uses.

Most GG polishes that forum members have are held together with Duct Tape and Super Glue.

I would spend the extra cash and grab a Porter-Cable or a flex.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can buy the GG polisher..... But you will buying a machine that is guaranteed to break after a few uses.

Most GG polishes that forum members have are held together with Duct Tape and Super Glue.

I def would not. My GG has been used a good bit and never gave one problem. PC are about as powerful as a powerpuff girl and the Flex 3401 I had I sold cause i hated it and it was not giving me any more power or speed of correction then my GG did with the Megs MF pads. I think the 3401 is over priced and a PITA to use because it wants to always walk away from you. I had a PC and I wanted to bash that thing off the wall cause if an ant stepped on it would cause it to stop spinning. I have been 100% happy with my GG and it keeps spinning with good pressure on it as well. Plus its lifetime warranty if ever breaks I get a free one. I like chemicalguys products but that was basically a push since all CG carries on the site is the Flex and PC

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
This is straight honesty. from a pro Stand-point, the GG polisher will break.Once drop on the ground and its done. If you are pro on a job, you are screwed cause you gotta wait a week for a new polisher.

Just google "Broken Griotts Garage Polisher"and see all the crazy pics.

My Porter Cable 7424 was manufactured in 1992....Since buffs hard like the day it was new....and I am the 2nd owner.

I would buy any other polisher but the GG one just because its really cheapish. This is just My Opinion.

I would even rather buy a Rupes Bigfoot than the GG.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well good for me I am not clumsy and never dropped any of my tools. I will take a GG that can actually spin and do the job and might break down one day over a PC that last longer but stop spinning if a cotton ball is put ontop of the machine.

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
I think its just your polisher cause in my line of work, I have used probably over 80 Porter Cable machines and none has ever stopped spinning easily.

When you are a Professional on the job, your machine doesnt rest on a pillow. It gets placed on the ground, bumped by accident, and subject to alot of abuse. If you are a "once a year" detailer, then this is a good deal. I know alot of peopleon this forum use their machines alot like SON1C.

Personally, I am gonna try and pick-up a RUPES Bigfoot soon.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well you can keep the PC. I had one and glad its gone and I have read PLENTY of others feel same way as its way to under powered.

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
I have tried both back to back....including the flex. In all reality, I feel they give the same results in the same time span. I think its mental illusion.

Personally, I go for the rotary all Day Long :bubba::bubba::bubba:

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts

I def would not. My GG has been used a good bit and never gave one problem. PC are about as powerful as a powerpuff girl and the Flex 3401 I had I sold cause i hated it and it was not giving me any more power or speed of correction then my GG did with the Megs MF pads. I think the 3401 is over priced and a PITA to use because it wants to always walk away from you. I had a PC and I wanted to bash that thing off the wall cause if an ant stepped on it would cause it to stop spinning. I have been 100% happy with my GG and it keeps spinning with good pressure on it as well. Plus its lifetime warranty if ever breaks I get a free one. I like chemicalguys products but that was basically a push since all CG carries on the site is the Flex and PC
This is straight honesty. from a pro Stand-point, the GG polisher will break.Once drop on the ground and its done. If you are pro on a job, you are screwed cause you gotta wait a week for a new polisher.

Just google "Broken Griotts Garage Polisher"and see all the crazy pics.

My Porter Cable 7424 was manufactured in 1992....Since buffs hard like the day it was new....and I am the 2nd owner.

I would buy any other polisher but the GG one just because its really cheapish. This is just My Opinion.

I would even rather buy a Rupes Bigfoot than the GG.
well good for me I am not clumsy and never dropped any of my tools. I will take a GG that can actually spin and do the job and might break down one day over a PC that last longer but stop spinning if a cotton ball is put ontop of the machine.
I think its just your polisher cause in my line of work, I have used probably over 80 Porter Cable machines and none has ever stopped spinning easily.

When you are a Professional on the job, your machine doesnt rest on a pillow. It gets placed on the ground, bumped by accident, and subject to alot of abuse. If you are a "once a year" detailer, then this is a good deal. I know alot of peopleon this forum use their machines alot like SON1C.

Personally, I am gonna try and pick-up a RUPES Bigfoot soon.
Well you can keep the PC. I had one and glad its gone and I have read PLENTY of others feel same way as its way to under powered.
I have tried both back to back....including the flex. In all reality, I feel they give the same results in the same time span. I think its mental illusion.

Personally, I go for the rotary all Day Long :bubba::bubba::bubba:
Sorry handz, i gotta go with Vader on this one, I love my GG DA, ive used it to correct my mach 1 twice, 1 step polished a 2012 mustang, an acura integra, ford explorer, countless headlight jobs, and i spent about 3-4 hours just on the hood of an altima today, no issues and ive dropped mine, bumped it ect. Thats in the last 7 or 8 months, so mine gets "used" pretty often lol

I have seen a porter cable 7424xp snap at the backing plate bolt and fly off causing the threaded rod to hit the paint, causing major damage to the top of a ferrari f430 that was being corrected. And to be honest ive not heard alot of stories about the GG going bad.

Vader has also tried every good polisher their is and still prefers the GG.

Oh and BTW, the PC7424XP comes with a 3 year warranty.
The GG DA is lifetime warranty.

So if your PC lasts 10 years then breaks your SOL. Not the case with the GG lol.

Just sayin :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts