Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the post about AM and the bad service that seems to have started in June of this year. I had a bad experience with American Muscle that began in June of this year. I was getting ready for Mustang Week in early June, I ordered a CAI intake from AM, with no issue as I had ordered from AM several times before, I received the email confirming the order and could expect it in 2- 4 business days. All seemed well the last week of June I had not received the CAI and called to check as the link for tracking in the email would not give me any info. The rep stated it had shipped and he would track it and let me know, after a few minutes he tole me he was having computer problems and would have someone call me the next day. I did not receive a cal and had to make several calls over a period of two weeks before I finally got a rep that told me the CAI was on back order and had not shipped, I cancelled the order since it was too late to get anything before MW and got a refund.
Now September rolls around, I come home and find a package from American Muscle, it was the CAI! I let it sit for a couple of weeks thinking I would get a cal or email, well I DID! AM sent an email that said OOPS, we sent the CAI by mistake...by the way we charged you for it without permission sinec we made a mistake. I was a little ticked but figured I have it, may as well use it.
This is where I really got mad and marked AM off my list; 1st it did not fit, 2nd and more important when I called Am and told them the problem the rep said he would send a pick up and I would get a refund in about 3 weeks.
Well this is November and I have not hear d another word from them, the site tells me my account does not exist but I continue to receive daily emails for sales.. which are now deleted. DON'T know what happened in June but ......

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, I gotta go with the 'AM can't get their act together' train. Every order I made this year, save for the one sent direct from Ford Racing, was messed up and they had to send a new part. Not to mention the the money situation they can't seem to keep straight on.

My best advise for you is to contact the AM reps here on the forum. Those dudes rock and get stuff done.

As for the CAI, was it the one you ordered in the first place or did they send they wrong one (yeah, on the order you canceled).

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
Honestly, I would call your credit card company and tell them an unauthorized charge was put on your card. Bottom line is you didn't authorize that charge and shouldn't have to pay it off to avoid interest payment until AM get's their stuff together and get you the return info for the CAI.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I was reading the post about AM and the bad service that seems to have started in June of this year. I had a bad experience with American Muscle that began in June of this year. I was getting ready for Mustang Week in early June, I ordered a CAI intake from AM, with no issue as I had ordered from AM several times before, I received the email confirming the order and could expect it in 2- 4 business days. All seemed well the last week of June I had not received the CAI and called to check as the link for tracking in the email would not give me any info. The rep stated it had shipped and he would track it and let me know, after a few minutes he tole me he was having computer problems and would have someone call me the next day. I did not receive a cal and had to make several calls over a period of two weeks before I finally got a rep that told me the CAI was on back order and had not shipped, I cancelled the order since it was too late to get anything before MW and got a refund.
Now September rolls around, I come home and find a package from American Muscle, it was the CAI! I let it sit for a couple of weeks thinking I would get a cal or email, well I DID! AM sent an email that said OOPS, we sent the CAI by mistake...by the way we charged you for it without permission sinec we made a mistake. I was a little ticked but figured I have it, may as well use it.
This is where I really got mad and marked AM off my list; 1st it did not fit, 2nd and more important when I called Am and told them the problem the rep said he would send a pick up and I would get a refund in about 3 weeks.
Well this is November and I have not hear d another word from them, the site tells me my account does not exist but I continue to receive daily emails for sales.. which are now deleted. DON'T know what happened in June but ......
Woah! This is really surprising. This definitely isn't like us at all. I'm not sure what the deal is. Typically, when you order from us you provide us with an email address where you'll get order confirmation emails, including a backorder email in the event that something you ordered is out of stock.

From there, it sounds like we dropped the ball and didn't call you back when you called to check on the status. That's 100% on us and I'm going to find out what the deal was and make sure it gets corrected. Since the item never shipped out, you shouldn't have actually been "charged" any money and the authorization should have dropped off of your card a few days after the initial order was placed, so no refund was necessary when you cancelled.

It sounds to me like the backorder wasn't actually cancelled fully and it charged the card on file and shipped/filled the order when it came back in stock. I'm not sure who the manufacturer of the cold air intake is or why it didn't fit, but we should have no problem sending a return label to you and get it picked up. We do this via email and it sounds like maybe we're getting sent to your SPAM folder? If you didn't receive the email about it being backordered and aren't getting our UPS label emails, that's what I'm willing to bet. Can we also verify that we have the correct email on the order itself?

Shoot me over an email to chris[dot]rose[at]americanmuscle[dot]com and I'm going to get that cold air intake picked up as well as verify the email on the order (please include it in your email with your order number). I'll get that refunded, picked up and we'll even give you a HUGE discount on your next order. I'm a Mustang guy too. I buy parts all the time and I wouldn't want this experience. Sounds like we had some crazy bad luck with you. I promise that it's unlike us to have this kind of feedback. We have 1000's of perfect orders everyday that go out. Very rarely we have something like this happen and I'm just sorry that it was you!

We'll make it right!

Yeah, I gotta go with the 'AM can't get their act together' train. Every order I made this year, save for the one sent direct from Ford Racing, was messed up and they had to send a new part. Not to mention the the money situation they can't seem to keep straight on.

My best advise for you is to contact the AM reps here on the forum. Those dudes rock and get stuff done.

As for the CAI, was it the one you ordered in the first place or did they send they wrong one (yeah, on the order you canceled).
We'll always take care of our customers! The same thing goes for you. We're sorry about whatever happened with your order of Ford Racing parts through us. Hit me up at the email I gave the OP and I'll gladly make sure that your situation gets taken care of as well!

Chris

·
Registered
234 Posts
Chris, thanks. What I said was the Ford Racing part was the only order AM didn't screw up this year. All the AM parts had to be replaced and there was a whole billing fiasco that I won't go into right now.

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
This is a bit of a small deal, but still a promise is a promise nonetheless. I ordered over $100 worth of product during one of those "order over $100 in merchandise and receive an AM banner" well I did, never received the banner, called AM and they said "oh yeah we will get one to you once we get some more of them back in stock" to this day I have yet to see the banner they promised me, it's such a small thing, but even the smallest things make a customer super happy when spending lots of money at a particular vendor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Woah! This is really surprising. This definitely isn't like us at all. I'm not sure what the deal is. Typically, when you order from us you provide us with an email address where you'll get order confirmation emails, including a backorder email in the event that something you ordered is out of stock.

From there, it sounds like we dropped the ball and didn't call you back when you called to check on the status. That's 100% on us and I'm going to find out what the deal was and make sure it gets corrected. Since the item never shipped out, you shouldn't have actually been "charged" any money and the authorization should have dropped off of your card a few days after the initial order was placed, so no refund was necessary when you cancelled.

It sounds to me like the backorder wasn't actually cancelled fully and it charged the card on file and shipped/filled the order when it came back in stock. I'm not sure who the manufacturer of the cold air intake is or why it didn't fit, but we should have no problem sending a return label to you and get it picked up. We do this via email and it sounds like maybe we're getting sent to your SPAM folder? If you didn't receive the email about it being backordered and aren't getting our UPS label emails, that's what I'm willing to bet. Can we also verify that we have the correct email on the order itself?

Shoot me over an email to chris[dot]rose[at]americanmuscle[dot]com and I'm going to get that cold air intake picked up as well as verify the email on the order (please include it in your email with your order number). I'll get that refunded, picked up and we'll even give you a HUGE discount on your next order. I'm a Mustang guy too. I buy parts all the time and I wouldn't want this experience. Sounds like we had some crazy bad luck with you. I promise that it's unlike us to have this kind of feedback. We have 1000's of perfect orders everyday that go out. Very rarely we have something like this happen and I'm just sorry that it was you!

We'll make it right!

We'll always take care of our customers! The same thing goes for you. We're sorry about whatever happened with your order of Ford Racing parts through us. Hit me up at the email I gave the OP and I'll gladly make sure that your situation gets taken care of as well!

Chris
Chris, the email(s) have been sent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts