Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still need a clutch for my fox, I did some research and decided on a dual friction centerfoce stage 2. But after looking at the cyber deals, would any of you recommend the ones they have on sale?

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
I ordered the exedy Mach 400 today

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Only have used the ram of that list. Never heard of the other. Currently have a centerforce dual friction. Ram was on a bolt on car, worked good. Current Centerforce was behind a 500rwhp sar before third gear ate it's own teeth and was fixed. I did a AOD/T5 swap with my buddy who had this prior. Clutch and flywheel still actually looked good so I reused them.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I'm a big Exedy fan, personally. Those clutches hold some serious power, have a great pedal feel and take a good amount of abuse. They're also pretty fairly priced when you look in comparison.

That being said, the Centerforce clutches have been a standard for quite some time. They were even making the "King Cobra" clutches, too. You'd be really happy with a Centerforce.

Either way you go, you'll be really happy. I had a 90 hatchback with the Exedy Stage 2 plus the fully adjustable cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster. It was the best feeling clutch I've ever driven in a 79-95 5.0L. I had it set perfectly for my taste.

That being said, if you are going to add a little bit more power down the road, the extra torque capacity of the Stage 3 is a bonus. Stage 2 is for bolt-on Foxes, maybe even a cam and manifold. If you're thinking of changing heads, going long tubes or any sort of power adder - the Stage 3 is where it's at.

Hope this helps!

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts