Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I placed my first order with American Muscle last week on Tuesday. I sent my SCT 4 bank eliminator chip in to get tuned. I kept the tracking number after I sent it on Wednesday just to make sure it arrived. It arrived Friday some time, though i didn't expect it to get tuned till Tuesday because of the holiday weekend.

I called on Tuesday to check to see if there was a chance that they would get it tuned because there is a local event on sat and I wanted to have it for then. I talk to someone, don't remember who, but he tells me it was tuned already and sitting and waiting to be shipped back to me that day! I was pumped :D . I didn't get a tracking number or anything but I figured I was good. So now it is Thursday and I'm expecting the chip cause it is only two days in transit from there to here. I get home it isn't here....no big deal, maybe ups hasn't dropped it off yet.

I call to get the tracking number to check it out. So I'm not sure who i talked to this time either but he is asking me all these questions about my tracking number and I'm like why does he need my tracking number? then he is asking about the address i sent it to...I'm thinking :wtf ? Then he is like let me go talk to Dan. Ok, no biggie. He gets back on the phone says well no one ever gave your package to Dan so it isnt tuned yet... now I'm ****in pissed, I mean I was already told it was friggen shipped, now he is telling me that it hasn't even been pulled from the box it was shipped in because they don't even know where the ****in thing is....:wtf !.

I understand that **** takes time, I also understood that the thing might not get back in time for sat, but they told me the thing was shipped to me already when in reality the thing is in a box somewhere and they will get to it Today when they find it. Really? that is service? :eek: you can't be serious !

I'll definitely be rethinking my future purchases with them...

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Damn, that sucks to see a bad mishap with AM. I've never had any problems with them and they are top notch in my book. Especially with customer service. So that's why I'm surprised to see your thread :(

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
PM AMNick on here. Maybe he can clarify to what happened. He's a great guy and hopefully can put some insight onto what happened.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
yeah ive always had good luck with them too. it was probably just some new guy didn't tell someone something and ****ed **** up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realize it is just a mistake and that they happen, but I'm pretty disappointed that it happened. There isn't much that can be done to fix it as they have sent me the tracking number for the chip, but that doesn't get it in my car for sat.

I know **** happens and that there is worse things going on in the world, but the first impression left is not a good one.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Without even looking at your order I can probably guess what happened from your story. The customer service guy you spoke to is only going to see that your tune was done in the system. With a new chip order if the tune is done, it is going to ship that day because we have stock on new chips. But since this was a retune the SCT department has to wait to burn your actual chip. And they can't do that until receiving department receives and delivers the chip to them. So they had your tune done in anticipation of your chip, but couldn't burn it until they got it.

Basically when actually sending a chip in to be re-burnt, you always want to talk directly to the SCT department. Just call in and ask to speak to them, or shoot an email to [email protected].

If you want me to look into the situation, just shoot me a PM with your order information and I will be happy to.

Thanks,

Nick

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the explanation Nick. I don't need you to look in to it as there isn't really anything that can be done.

I'm just disappointed that I was told it was going to be here, I then expected it to be here, and then it wasn't here and hadn't even been looked at yet.

I've already got a tracking number now, it just won't be here for Saturday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts