Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the best customer service ever! i received a set of pypes headers and h pipe and both are not right.the h pipe was a minor dent but the headers are horrible.i called them up and sent them pictures and w/o hesitation they are sending new ones right out with a box to send the defective ones back free of charge.im dissapointed they wont be installed this week but id rather wait than put on bad parts.

thank you am!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is the problem,also the pipe isnt really lined up right,thats why im guessing there is alot of extra junk on there

when there supposed to be like this

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
not trying to bust your bubble butters but they are doing what they should be doing. they are a good company though.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Pypes lack of quality control really needs to be improved.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not trying to bust your bubble butters but they are doing what they should be doing. they are a good company though.
im just happy i dont have to send back the bad ones first

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
You buy Chinese knock-offs, you get Chinese quality. Paying the extra $$ gets you Kooks built by Americans. :) If you want to save money, buy Mac - also built in the USA. Just my .02.
Kooks or gtfo

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i wanted kooks but i dont have the money.this forum is where i heard of pypes and they seem to have gotten good reviews.i had no idea they were made in china either

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
i wanted kooks but i dont have the money.this forum is where i heard of pypes and they seem to have gotten good reviews.i had no idea they were made in china either
That is why they are cheaper - Pypes stole the design / R&D from Kooks...then outsourced the labor to China.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if i woulda known that i woulda got somthing else.the next set should be fine so alls not lost but im unhappy about buying from china

·
Registered
224 Posts
Should of known there was something different about them when comparing prices. Few hundred dollars for headers, what a great deal. But why are these other headers a thousand dollars? Hmm... Something doesn't add up. Just how I see it honestly. I'm not one to cheap out on anything though. Just kind of how I grew up.

But AM does have superior customer service compared to some other companies. I've also gotten to like Brenspeed quite a bit. Next company I will be trying out is BMR for some suspension goodies. Glad to hear they didn't make you send back the defective ones first though. That's a good point in my book for them.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Pacesetters have been around for a long time, American made, good quality and fitment, great customer service, and very inexpensive. I think some of these companies charge way too much for headers/exhaust. I would never pay what some of these companies charge. Been building cars for 30 years and never paid over $500 for headers. Custom headers didn't set me back that much.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'm a LMR guy, but good customer service goes a long way.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Yeah AM customer service rocks. I ordered some lug nuts from them, but they sent me a mixed bag of 3/4 and 13/16 lug nuts. I e-mailed them and within 12 hours they had another package in the mail and told me to just keep the wrong parts they sent me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Same here, good customer service does go along way. I will continue to shop from american muscle as well. I had a problem with a tune ( i was being retarded) and i called them up at like 5:30 pm or so and helped me and then said he was about to leave for the day. Well he stuck around and even called me back after working hours until i had everything squared away.

Thank you AM.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts