Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had shopping cart full of goodies for last 4 or 5 days waiting on AMStanger to return a pm I sent him. When I completed my purchase a popup come up saying there was a price difference on wheel tire kit I was purchasing. Went up 100bucks in few days, so I called AM. Explained to salesman what had happened, he replied by telling me he didn't know why price jumped that much then said doesn't matter anyways cause tire package is sold out. Looks like I'm taking my shopping spree to someone other than AM. This is copy of my shopping cart at AM.
1 Convertible
Styling Bar -
Charcoal
(94-04 GT,
V6, Cobra) $299.99
1 Ford Racing
Lowering
C-Springs -
Coupe &
Convertible
(79-04 GT,
V6, Mach 1;
93-98 Cobra) $169.99
1 Staggered
Chrome Saleen
Style Wheel &
Tire Kit -
18x9/10
(99-04) $1,254.99
1 YES: Free
Mount and
Balance $0.00
1 Chrome Acorn
Lug Nuts
(79-11 All) $19.99
1 Raxiom Smoked
OE Style
Headlights
(99-04 All) $149.99
1 J&M Caster
Camber Plates
(94-04 All) $164.99
1 Cold Air
Intake (96-04
GT) $84.99
2 Tokico HP
Series Rear
Shock (94-04
GT, V6, Mach
1; 94-98
Cobra) $119.98
2 Tokico HP
Series Front
Strut (94-04
All) $209.98
1 Raxiom Smoked
Tail Lights
(99-04 GT,
V6, Mach 1) $124.99
1 American
Muscle's
1979-2004
Mustang Parts
Catalog $0.00
1 SCT SF3/X3
Power Flash
Tuner w/ 3
Free Custom
Tunes (99-04
GT) $379.99
1 Free Tunes
for Life $0.00
1 Free Custom
Tune - SCT $0.00
Subtotal: $3,079.87

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
so your angry because the wheel/tire package you want is sold out??? or because it was marked up 100 bucks? cause it seems like if your buying all that stuff from AM then price isnt an issue in the first place, considering pretty much all of what you bought can be had at a substantially less price if you search

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
So its their fault they sold out of what you want? Did u ask about back ordering it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the 100 dollar increase upset me. Not rich, have wife and 2 daughters, so 100 bucks is a lot. Waited 4 or 5 days to get discount, when I finally get the discount it is pretty much a wash due to tire wheel package being more. I would have waited for wheels to be back ordered but salesman pretty much said try somewhere else. Not quoting him just didn't seem like he wanted to deal with me. Just wanted to share my almost 1st purchase experience with AM.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sj408 you mind sharing the place where I can find all this cheaper. Have searched for week now and haven't found anything yet.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
actually AM has some of the lowest prices in wheel packages. I've looked all over and AM has been about 100 dollars cheaper. the price shouldn't have jumped i dont think. contact AMchris or email Chris young. they'll be happy to help you out.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
sj408 you mind sharing the place where I can find all this cheaper. Have searched for week now and haven't found anything yet.
well to start your spending like 320 or so on tokico blues??? those can be had anywhere for a bit less and if your really going and spending 300+ on them why not buy a peformance oriented set instead of OEM replacements.

lets seeeeeeeee im sure if i searched i could find you camber plates for a great deal cheaper....

ummm ford racing c springs iv found on the net for anywhere from 100-125

just a few small saving but like you said, were not rich and 100 bucks here and there is alot!

and why are you buying OEM style head/tails if all you want is a smoked look? why not pay 50$ at a local shop near you and have them reconditioned and tinted??? im sure the quality will meet or exceed that of AM's pre done stuff. as well thats a few hundred saved right there.

for someone whos not rich i figure you would see all those little things as a huge waste of 3k. for that price id go supercharged and then roll around in the extra 1k i saved.

EDIT: also why not buy the rims you want seperate from tired for 4-600 and then look locally for closeout deals on the proper tire size??? its not like there giving you some crazy performance tire they are just slip-itomos. hell a few weeks ago i seen a few tires on discount tire i think going for like 75 bucks a pop brand new cause there was only 10 or so left

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks sj408. I was wanting to order everything from one place, mainly out of convenience, and all the positive responses I've read about AM. Now that my purchase didn't go as planned I will be searching the net and find the best deals available. As far as headlight/taillights go, I wanted to keep all stock parts incase I want to sell some day, never know a 35th anniversary GT convertible now 2nd owner with 69k miles all original might be worth something someday. Car was bought for wife and daughters to enjoy this summer, don't plan on putting many mile on it, its just a summer cruiser. I have 69 chevelle ss if I want to go fast or my roadglide if I want top down. So supercharged GT would be nice, just not needed for wife and daughters to cruise in. Thanks again for your input.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Thanks sj408. I was wanting to order everything from one place, mainly out of convenience, and all the positive responses I've read about AM. Now that my purchase didn't go as planned I will be searching the net and find the best deals available. As far as headlight/taillights go, I wanted to keep all stock parts incase I want to sell some day, never know a 35th anniversary GT convertible now 2nd owner with 69k miles all original might be worth something someday. Car was bought for wife and daughters to enjoy this summer, don't plan on putting many mile on it, its just a summer cruiser. I have 69 chevelle ss if I want to go fast or my roadglide if I want top down. So supercharged GT would be nice, just not needed for wife and daughters to cruise in. Thanks again for your input.
pics of your chevelle or ban!!! lol jk

i mean dont get me wrong AM is a GREAT place with free shipping and awesome deals. but i wouldnt build your car from them or expect a hefty bill.

thats perfect as far as your headlights/taillights go, if your a DIY guy theres plenty of write ups on restoried/tinting your heads/tails if not pay a local shop 50 bucks to do it for you and most tint is easily removable with nail polish remover. thattl save you a couple hundred alone.

and get your tokicos elsewhere for 50-100 bucks cheaper.

just search around and find deals... for instance i just recently found these for cheap brand new. also dont be scared of craigslist, just be sure to inspect used items thoroughly before purchase

longtube headers-150
bbk shorty x pipe-69.00
bbk 78mm t/b and plenum-150

hope i could save ya some money! cause 3k for that little of stuff seems too much

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Hey Guys,

Sorry about this. Let me first say that we will price match any reputable online vendor. I will post the price matching details below this. Between the ModdedMustangs.com forum member discount and our price matching, we'll always be cheaper or at least the same price as all of our competitors. There are many other benefits to shopping with AmericanMuscle, besides our ability to match price and our same-day shipping. Those are also listed below, but many of you already know them!

As for the price increase, that one that you're looking at (32598) has had some pricing changes since the Sumitumo's were out-of-stock. The pricing is being updated but will not go live until midnight Thursday PM/Friday AM. The price is actually cheaper than your original $1254. ;)

We appreciate the business, and obviously we'll go out of our way to keep you happy. I hope this pricing change tomorrow works for you. You can always give us a call and we'll price match. Shoot me over a PM and I'll get you in touch with a Customer Service Team Lead who will hook you up with price matching or a discount code, whichever is cheaper.. and I'll have them throw in some free swag, too!

Price matching info -------------------------------------------------------------

There are many reasons to buy your Mustang parts from AmericanMuscle… but we’ve just added another!

AmericanMuscle.com will price-match! So not only do you get free same-day shipping on every order and AmericanMuscle's legendary customer service, now you'll be sure to get it at the best price! Our team of Mustang experts will verify the competitor’s pricing and get you set up with your new parts! Orders placed before our shipping cut-off will be on their way that same day…

The Best Just Keeps Getting Better:
· Free Shipping to the US-48 (no minimum order)
· Price Match Policy
· Real Time Inventory
· Real Customer Reviews & Images
· Bama Free Tunes for Life
· Award Winning Customer Service
· 500+ Tech Guides and Articles

How Can I Get a Price Matched?

1. Call one of our Mustang experts Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST or Saturday from 10AM-4PM EST at 866.727.1266
2. Private Message one of our Forums representatives (AMChrisRose or AMStanger)
3. Please have the following information ready when you call or include in your message:
1. The name of the product
2. The product Part # or SKU
3. The name of the competitor we’re matching
4. The competitors price including shipping (if any)

*Cannot be combined with discounts or other offers
*Competitor price must include shipping (if applicable)
*Must be publicly advertised pricing
*Must be a reputable vendor and not "fly-by-night" or eBay

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Hey Guys,

Sorry about this. Let me first say that we will price match any reputable online vendor. I will post the price matching details below this. Between the ModdedMustangs.com forum member discount and our price matching, we'll always be cheaper or at least the same price as all of our competitors. There are many other benefits to shopping with AmericanMuscle, besides our ability to match price and our same-day shipping. Those are also listed below, but many of you already know them!

As for the price increase, that one that you're looking at (32598) has had some pricing changes since the Sumitumo's were out-of-stock. The pricing is being updated but will not go live until midnight Thursday PM/Friday AM. The price is actually cheaper than your original $1254. ;)

We appreciate the business, and obviously we'll go out of our way to keep you happy. I hope this pricing change tomorrow works for you. You can always give us a call and we'll price match. Shoot me over a PM and I'll get you in touch with a Customer Service Team Lead who will hook you up with price matching or a discount code, whichever is cheaper.. and I'll have them throw in some free swag, too!

Price matching info -------------------------------------------------------------

There are many reasons to buy your Mustang parts from AmericanMuscle… but we’ve just added another!

AmericanMuscle.com will price-match! So not only do you get free same-day shipping on every order and AmericanMuscle's legendary customer service, now you'll be sure to get it at the best price! Our team of Mustang experts will verify the competitor’s pricing and get you set up with your new parts! Orders placed before our shipping cut-off will be on their way that same day…

The Best Just Keeps Getting Better:
· Free Shipping to the US-48 (no minimum order)
· Price Match Policy
· Real Time Inventory
· Real Customer Reviews & Images
· Bama Free Tunes for Life
· Award Winning Customer Service
· 500+ Tech Guides and Articles

How Can I Get a Price Matched?

1. Call one of our Mustang experts Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST or Saturday from 10AM-4PM EST at 866.727.1266
2. Private Message one of our Forums representatives (AMChrisRose or AMStanger)
3. Please have the following information ready when you call or include in your message:
1. The name of the product
2. The product Part # or SKU
3. The name of the competitor we’re matching
4. The competitors price including shipping (if any)

*Cannot be combined with discounts or other offers
*Competitor price must include shipping (if applicable)
*Must be publicly advertised pricing
*Must be a reputable vendor and not "fly-by-night" or eBay
:kneel

·
Registered
891 Posts
Not only are Am prices close to are better than most other places, just about everything comes with free shipping. This alone will save you a bunch of money.

·
All Homo All The Time
2,917 Posts
Alot of time you will find a part cheaper from another vendor but once you add shipping AM will usually cheaper or damn close to the final price.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
hmm.. this reminds me that I need to order FMSFC's for the SVO...

discount code please!

*No I am not asking mm members for the code, just the vendor and via PM of course. lol

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
hmm.. this reminds me that I need to order FMSFC's for the SVO...

discount code please!

*No I am not asking mm members for the code, just the vendor and via PM of course. lol

:shitbrick

Youv'e been here 5 YEARS and you never got the code???

·
MM's unluckiest member
3,351 Posts
so if i were to order wheels from american muscle i would get them the same day?
because i am really interested in buying some staggered 18x9 and 18x10 deep dish black bullitt wheels

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Everything in our warehouse ships same-day if it's done before our cut-off of 4PM EST.

The only thing that doesn't ship same-day is Bama custom tunes, which obviously have to be custom created, and can take anywhere between 1-4 business days depending on how swamped we are.

Wheels/tires mounted and balanced also could take 1-4 business days depending on how swamped we are.

Wheels alone or tires alone with no mounting and balancing should ship same-day.

Chris

·
Registered
487 Posts
honestly i have no sympathy for you fatboy. you have 12 posts including the 1s on this page and expect a discount code. am doesn't respond over the weekend prb y u got the longer wait on response. to threaten to go someplace else is unnecessary. out of stock is out of stock cant help it till more product comes in. AM has the best service and prices. if something happens they go above and beyond to help you. if u are worried about $100 dollars bc u have wife and kids y are u spending 3 grand on the stang? (rhetorical question) AM is the best mustang site out there /end thread

·
Registered
176 Posts
That didn't start out good with me either. I expected alot better service from them the way everybody around here talks them up. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts