Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
JulianP115X
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gotten the tint kit that AM sells? If so how is it? installation and durability wise.

·
JulianP115X
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hes got a 6 he dont know nuthin lol jk!

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Has anyone gotten the tint kit that AM sells? If so how is it? installation and durability wise.
We've had great results and feedback on all of our tint kits. Our tint is very durable and will last forever!

The install isn't all that hard. However it can be time consuming and we recommend you take your time on this!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
JulianP115X
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks that helps a bunch =]

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
May not be hard but good cuts and no bubbles is something difficult to achieve.

·
JulianP115X
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah thats what Im worried about. I like to do everything on my car myself but i might actually have to let somebody else do it lol

·
JulianP115X
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah probably what I'm going to do, thanks guys!

·
I like boobs!!!
3,869 Posts
Have you got a link to this kit, or is it just the one to black out the quarter windows? Reason I ask is tint is pretty cheap to have done. I had my car done professionally for $150.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I assumed the AM kit was pre-cut...which would be the whole point of buying it, as opposed to just buying a roll of film from any MCParts store. I've tinted several numerous cars in the past using a roll of tint, exact-o knife, rubber squeegee and a spray bottle of dish soap/water mix. It's not difficult unless the glass has compound curves (like a back window). I tinted my Festiva in 2001 with Gila brand premium tint from WalMart...and it still looks like the day I installed it. No fading, peeling or bubbles.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
There's no way I'd trust myself doing tint on my car! lol

I'd end up with bubbles and then I'd be pissed...

·
Registered
929 Posts
It's pretty hard to screw it up, seriously. It doesn't just stick to the window instantly like a decal. You spray the window heavily with a soapy water solution first. That allows the tint to kinda slide around on the glass and be positioned. Then you spray the outside of the tint (to act as a lubricant) and use a small rubber squeegee to work the excess water and any air bubbles to the outside (working from the center out to the edges). When you're done, let the car sit in direct sunlight for several hours. Any remaining small air bubbles will disappear on their own.

·
No longer Maching out...
3,368 Posts
Thank you, guys. I'm pretty sure windows are the same on v6's.
Dunno what Redfire is talking about. :wtf 15 minutes?
I think he's a little lost on what we're talking about...

They haven't even had the tint for a year :lol

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
you can get the black box cut tint off ebay with 5 year or 10 year warranty for around 55.very good stuff,why pay for tint install when its precut. if you mess that up somethings wrong.i always do mine

1 - 20 of 22 Posts