Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I have the 2010 premium 19x9 rims with 245/40/19s on them. I want to expand to a 285 in rear by adding the American Muscle replica 19x10. Does anyone know if I bought the replica "hypercoated" rim, if it would match the stock "hypercoat" color? Down the road I would like a shop to powdercoat them satin black, but for now I don't mind the color. Any input appreciated!

The rims online Hypercoated 2010 GT Premium Wheel 05-11 (19x10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

or

and on the car

One thing I noticed was on American muscle depending on which wheel variant you choose, the colors are slightly different, and some match my cars look a little more then others.

These are the 19x8.5's and look much closer then the 19x10's

Just a thought. Thanks all

·
Registered
143 Posts
285 in the back + black powdercoat = SICK!

This is what I want to do with my car too :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I see what your saying, the image on the AM website does look darker then the factory wheels, but if you look at the customer images the color seems to match. To play it safe I would call AM and speak to some one before you order them just to verify that they do indeed match, and I would also make sure that they will be no problem returning them if they do not. But since you plan on powder coating them black why not just order the black ones? www.americanmuscle.com/black-gtpremium-19x10-0510.html Then you will only have to pay to have 2 rims coated in stead of 4 and you will only have to pay the have the rears broken down and remounted once instead of twice .

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see what your saying, the image on the AM website does look darker then the factory wheels, but if you look at the customer images the color seems to match. To play it safe I would call AM and speak to some one before you order them just to verify that they do indeed match, and I would also make sure that they will be no problem returning them if they do not. But since you plan on powder coating them black why not just order the black ones? Black 2010 GT Premium Wheel 05-11 (19x10) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! Then you will only have to pay to have 2 rims coated in stead of 4 and you will only have to pay the have the rears broken down and remounted once instead of twice .
I talked to AM a littler earlier and they said they couldn't guarantee a color match, and they do not return wheels... no biggie though, I think I'll just get the black one sometime down the road.

I talked to a local shop and got a quote for $60 a rim for powder coating my current rims. I'll run 275s to hold me over. $60 included sandblasting and prep and satin black. Not a bad deal, I might have that done at the end of the month, so stand by for some pics down the road!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts