Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive had issues on two different sets of wheels. the deep dish rears have had the clear coat chipping off...i bought them used on both counts but they chipped after i had them..

·
Registered
927 Posts
its sunday ..call them first thing monday .

·
Registered
129 Posts
those wheels are junk my buddy bought a set and they were pitted when be bought them! Buy wheels locally that way you can show them and dont have to worry about shipping! my buddy spent $2000 on those wheels and tires and they are cheap no name brand wheels. Dont be cheap and buy some quality stuff or your gonna keep running into this situation!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
calm down man... chrome wheels have to be maintained meticulously... they are gonna pit and rust if you dont pollish and wax them regularly. go to autozone and buy some eagle1 neverdull and rub them down with that.. then use some fine wax and wax them when you finish... you gotta pay the price with chrome man....

·
Registered
129 Posts
this is what i do for a living so i see this ALL the time. If u want wheels to last you have to buy good stuff...waxing helps alot but when wheels are pitted when u buy them what kinda quality do you think that is? Oh and I live in canada so my buddy would have a hell of a time shipping those back to AM lol might as well buy new ones once your done with the $500 shipping bill!

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
My family has a fleet of 10 semi tractors, all of which are in show condition. My first job was to polish the aluminum bud wheels and allof the chrome and stainless on the trucks. So I think that I qualify to answer this question. I wouldn't use never dull on chrome, because it doesn't leave the chrome in desireable lustre. Get yourself some turtlewax chrome cleaner and polish. Rub it in thouroughly the first application then let it haze and dry. Then apply a second application over this and rub off then wax the wheels if you want it won't hurt. but chrome is the easiest to maintain. Just be happy that you don't have polished aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY
douches.
if you dont maintain them, they're gunna get dull and pit, cheap rim or not. sorry mr 2000mgt lexani

·
Registered
927 Posts
if you dont maintain them, they're gunna get dull and pit, cheap rim or not.

this is true but it also comes down to the quality of the chroming when it was done .

ill say this thow , i never once polished my oem FORD chrome wheels on my 2000 expedition only used water and soap and to this day they still look good .

good luck man .

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Keep me posted on this. I'm saving up for the American Muscle Bullitt chrome deep dish 18's...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
How's the eagle 1 never dull? Does it actually restore? I'm currently using mothers.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts