Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got new wheels and tires from them. The wheels are scratched and the balance SUCKS. Steering wheel is shaking at 50 mph and above. Never again will I buy from them.:mad:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Did you already get with them? I hope you did before you started this thread like that. They could have been damaged by the shipper and the balance on those things.... Never been convinced by pre-balanced sets that get shipped. If they are handled rough with no air in them the tire will move on the rim and lose the balance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Did you already get with them? I hope you did before you started this thread like that.

I agree. I would hope that you wouldn't trash AM on this site before calling them and trying to work something out.

ALWAYS have rims and tires balanced, even if they are so called "pre-balanced". Let us know what they say at American Muscle. I have had great luck with them, and their customer support has always been phenomenal.

·
Fear The Rain... Butt...?
8,830 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes, definitely give AM a chance to make it right. They do have excellent support.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
AM wouldn't f*ck anyone over... They have the greatest customer service ever. I really doubt it was anything intentional.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just got back from NTB, the most important one, the LF was out by 2oz. These wheels were shipped aired up, so the balance could not have changed. I did talk too them and they said sure have them unmounted and send the wheels back. They just threw these wheels and tires in a box with no protection around them, so they rolled back and forth in the box and scratched the front of the 9" wheels. I should not have to go through this crap on a new purchase. They should have done there job right the first time instead of doing sh!!ty work and just sending them out. Them taking care of lousy work ethics does not matter to me, sorry, but thats the way I feel. They should have done their job right from the start. I know everyone on here likes them, so sorry if you disagree, I am not wanting enemy's on here, I just think they could have done ALOT better. Other than that, its fixed now and they look very good on the car. My painter said he could fix the small scratches.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
AM are a good bunch of guys...

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
AM is a great company. I ordered my 2010 GT Premiums from them and when I got them, one of them was defective from the factory (holes were too small for any socket to fit in and actually tighten the lug nuts). Know what they did for me? Shipped out a new wheel (before I shipped the defective one back) and paid to have the defective one shipped back.

And when you're talking about "them" you're actually talking about one or two guys working in the warehouse. You can really bad mouth an entire company because one or two guys working low paying jobs managed to **** up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I did not think they would either, I am really bummed at them. Everyone on here likes them, thats why I went with them. They put the wheel and tire in a square box, taped it up and sent them. So while in shipment they rolled a little, back and forth in the box and scratched them. Maybe they thought UPS would keep them on their back, but that still would not have helped much. My painter said he could buff the blemishes out and touch up some scratches around the lug area. They almost look like they might have been pre sold and returned or something, I am not sure. Then to boot they showed up with a ton of weight and out of balance. I have a friend at NTB, he spun them and the LF was 1.5 oz out on the outside and .5 oz on the inside. The right front was 1 oz outside and .25 oz on the inside. The steering wheel is now steady up to 75mph. I now just have to go back and get the white sticky off where the old weight were. This is gonna be fun on a black wheel. They should have done it right the first time.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The balancing would need to be done anyway, I just don't trust outsource balancing plus there is no warranty on it.

So you have cardboard scratch? That comes out with polish.

Now, if things are the way you're saying, there was poor packaging and that is not acceptable. I guess this is just a "review" of your purchase with them.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well sorry, but the low paying warehouse guys represent the entire company also. Maybe pay them more or have better work ethics. AM would see more profit themselves if they did not have to pay to ship wheels back and forth. I also sent them a email that was never responded to.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
AM is a great company. I ordered my 2010 GT Premiums from them and when I got them, one of them was defective from the factory (holes were too small for any socket to fit in and actually tighten the lug nuts). Know what they did for me? Shipped out a new wheel (before I shipped the defective one back) and paid to have the defective one shipped back.

And when you're talking about "them" you're actually talking about one or two guys working in the warehouse. You can really bad mouth an entire company because one or two guys working low paying jobs managed to **** up.
Only problem about that is that unfortunately, the name of those guys is not in the name of the company, is the other way around. That's why companies need to hire and supervise what their guys do. I'm with you, one bad apple can make people think the whole batch is going bad.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts