Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, got a head unit for my stang, put it in, now working on some other stuff. i bought a sony xm502z Sony eSupport - XM-502Z - Model Home and was gonna use it for a subwoofer, however i guess it isn't made for that. so, i'm thinking about gettin 1 or 2 10's for it and possibly using the xm502 for some other types of speakers (6x9's or something). what would it require for me to take out my factory speakers and put something else in?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Would not take much. The door speakers would simply require you to remove the door panels and then you would have access to the speakers. The rear deck would require you to remove the carpeted cover under the rear window and you would have access to them.

If you plan on running amped speakers in the doors you would need to run new speaker wire from the door speakers to the back of the car or wherever the amp is located. Therefore you would need to run the wires through the door's rubber wire loom. Its not hard, just have to route the wires.

What speakers you thinkin about running?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't know bud, i was wondering some suggestions.

·
What's this Photoshop?
2,426 Posts
Yeah, definitely not a sub amp. For speaker brands, I'm partial to Pioneer Premier or Infinity good sound without breaking the bank. If I can afford it one day I may get my hands on some JL Audio, but who knows.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Ive always heard great things about Infinity speakers. Some of them can be pricy, but they have a budget line as well that has great reviews across the board. As for a place to buy them... im no help. The only really good place that I can think of is Sonic Electonix but they have stupid shipping cost.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
If you plan on running amped speakers in the doors you would need to run new speaker wire from the door speakers to the back of the car or wherever the amp is located. Therefore you would need to run the wires through the door's rubber wire loom. Its not hard, just have to route the wires.
you only need to run the speaker wire back up the the harness behind the deck, stock wiring is more then ample.

what is your budget for speakers, amp, sub, ect?

i would caution you to stay away from anything sony car audio
and personally i am not a fan of infinity either but if you like how it sounds its up to you.

also dont waste your time and money on rear speakers, you should hear them anyway if you want decent SQ buy some nice front speakers, amp them and deaden the doors and it will be sounding awesome

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
you only need to run the speaker wire back up the the harness behind the deck, stock wiring is more then ample.
If you are running amped speakers on the front, you will need wires going from you amp to the speakers. If your amp is at the back of the car then you will need to run wire from the back to the new speakers.

Not following you on how to avoid that?

EDIT: You mean run the wire from the amp to the deck's factory wires from the harness and splice into them, thus connecting the doors... I see. Personally I would go ahead and replace the whole line of the speakers if I was that close tho.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
EDIT: You mean run the wire from the amp to the deck's factory wires from the harness and splice into them, thus connecting the doors... I see. Personally I would go ahead and replace the whole line of the speakers if I was that close tho.
nothing at all wrong with that, just not a noticeable performance increase, the only time i run new wires is if i have to wire components in different places with the crossovers mounted far away

·
Registered
71 Posts
Your stock speakers in the door and rear deck are 6x8". So I think you have to get that size not 100% sure but if you want great sound and not worry about being disappointed go with alpine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts