Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket h/u that works great with the mach 460 but when I installed my amp and subs I'm barely getting an audio signal to the subs. You can barely hear hear what's coming from the subs over the standard stereo with your ear next to them. I used the exact setup in my PT Cruiser and my Infiniti with no problems. Its there something I'm missing that's different for the Mach system?

·
Registered
535 Posts
how do you have everything hooked up? do you only have an amp for the sub(s) are you running factory speakers off the mach amp or after market? the sub and amp should be its own circuit. having its own power source and rca's. if i understand your question your not geting output from the sub but the other speakers are playing fine?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running factory speakers with an aftermarket h/u, rca's from the h/u rca output to the amp. The power is spliced in with the h/u power but I've ran it directly to the battery with the same results. The ground is bolted down through the rear seatbelt bolt, that's been ran to the battery as with the same results. The amp shows it has power everytime. I'm honestly at a loss. The power and ground are Monster cables so I don't think that's the problem.

·
Registered
535 Posts
check the headunit settings. if it only has 2 rca outputs u might need to change a setting from rear to sub out in the menu somewhere. check power and make sure your getting 12+ volts at the amp + terminal. check settings on amp and make sure the sub(s) are wired correct and to the right ohm (even if its one subs if its a DVC sub it might be wired up instead of down) lmk ill check back lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts