Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does everyone have their aftermarket amplifier mounted in their trunk?

I've got a rather large a/d/s amplifier installed in my trunk by the PO. He's got it mounted to a piece of plywood behind the rear seats, along with some other components like fuse blocks. I'm looking to relocate it to a more convenient location, possibly under the speaker deck.

The catch? The driverside in the trunk I'd like to keep clear to keep easy access to my dual FPDMs and fuel pump relay, and the passenger side has a battery relocation.

So if you've got some creative amplifier mounting solutions post 'em up.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Does it need to stay in the trunk?

Otherwise I'm not sure how the new edge trunk is but you could fabricate something to mount it to the side of the trunk. Or the back of the seat if you still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I don't have anything creative, as mine are just mounted on my sub boxes. However with your knowledge and skills I'm sure you could fab up a tray that hangs down below the deck. That would be the best option IMO.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine is mounted to the back side of the driver's side rear flip down seat. Out of the way and everything is still accessible. Yours seems to be a little more elaborate of a set up though.. Can always relocate to the rear seat floor. Mounting under the rear deck lid seems to be a major pain. I looked into it and there is not a usable flat surface, especially with the rear deck speakers in the way... But, depends on the size of your amp and how creative you want to get. If you don't need a spare tire, you can always mount it there and have it concealed.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Mine are mounted to the backs of my rear seats, but if I chose to remove my rear seats, it was going to be mounted under the rear seat bench cover that I ended up making.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not what you asked for but just an idea. I have a rear seat delete and mine are mounted where the seat bottom would go, underneath part that replaced the seat. Don't even know they are there.

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumping this thread.

Here's what my mess of a trunk currently looks like-

Going to toss any wires that aren't necessary, re-crimp or solder most of the joints, and clip them where I can. Should be a fairly big project.

My big goal is to get enough room to be able to crawl from the trunk to the passenger compartment.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Holy wires. That's a lot of wiring

Sad thing is I've ripped a good 25' worth of useless wires out since I got it, and it's still that bad. There's only one wire in there from me, and that's for the FPDM wiring mod. The rest were all the PO's handywork. It certainly seems like a daunting task.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I don't know if you use your spare tire well for anything but one idea I've seen is to make a false floor and run all the wires under it

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
Bumping this thread.

Here's what my mess of a trunk currently looks like-

My big goal is to get enough room to be able to crawl from the trunk to the passenger compartment.
My stock amp is mounted under the speaker deck. If yours will physically fit that's an option. I don't know about crawling through the trunk though. I'm a stocky 200lbs and I could probably do it but I've never tried.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts