Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to share some information that my friend just sent me. To all of you lead feet out there effective July 1 in our wonderful Commonwealth of Virginia, any traffic ticket, with the exception of regular speeding, will carry heavy civil penalties in addition to the fine and court costs that you will have to pay.

Here are just a few............

-Driving on a suspended or revoked permit - Civil penalty $750.00 + the court cost & fines

-Reckless Driving - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost & fines

-DUI - 1st offence - Civil penalty $2,250.00 + the court cost & fines

-Failure to give proper signal - Civil penalty $1,050.00 + the court cost & fines

-Leaving the scene of an accident - Civil penalty $3,000.00 + the court cost & fines

Be careful when you drive. Tell your friends.
This is the website that lists the offenses and how much each civil penalty is.
Clicky

·
Registered
644 Posts
I was at the Virginia Beach traffic courts yesterday and there was a guy who got pulled over for a tailout that was out on his trailer. He was driving on a suspended liscense due to a DUI charge.. given 180 days in jail, 176 days suspended. They put him in cuffs and took him away..... They dont play here.

The one you list for "Failure to give proper signal"..... wow, thats insane. I guess I have to be a lot more concious about that one.

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that guy deserved to do more IMHO...

Yeah they are getting strickter...

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
there's actually a lot of people that can't use their turn signals here in HR. drives my ****ing crazy. that's why i don't carry my gun around as much. i've got a CWP, but some people around here make it way too tempting. actually, since i got my Mustang, i haven't gotten a single ticket or even gotten pulled over *knocks on wood*

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everyone lives here but no one is from here...

I hate how people drive around here...If they had a [email protected] common sense test around here to get your license alot of people would be walking...

Its a melting pot of drivers from around the World...

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
I hate Virginia!!!

I'm about to get bent over by VA myself... got a reckless speeding over Memorial Day weekend for 107 in a 65. It was up in Warren County.

·
Registered
330 Posts
gills99stang said:
I hate Virginia!!!

I'm about to get bent over by VA myself... got a reckless speeding over Memorial Day weekend for 107 in a 65. It was up in Warren County.
Ouch!! That's gonna hurt...sorry to hear that...I moved back after being away some 20 years and sometimes wonder why.

·
Registered
691 Posts
god i can't stand this place they pass that damn road tax that goes effective jan. 1st have you read the daily press on that $hit its going to be so expensive to own a car on the peninsula its not even going to be funny thank god my $hit is registered in west point i love this place but i really truly hate these law's there stupid as hell you need two plates a county sticker and an inspection sticker car tax's personal property tax tag and title fee you never really own your car in this state the g/d goverment does there all @ssholes i understand that i will live work and pay taxes but im tired of paying so much and i can't go down 64 at 11pm at night without hitting some damn traffic and thats before to HRBT wtf is my money going to............ there raising all these damn fines and $hit up not to scare us into being better cause face it people are going to drink and drive people are going to speed its in are nature there just going to be making more money off of uss F-ing @holes................ and for the recored i dont hate the cops.... i hate these pencil dick people that run this damn place

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah I read it..it sucks and I agree with ya...All the taxes and **** was one reason my father got us the **** outta here and moved down to florida when he retired from the Navy. I've been back here going on 6 years and still forget I have to pay taxes on my car every year.

·
3,156 Posts
I have both my vehicles registered in Michigan... I love being in the military and still having my home of record at my parents house in MI.

Screw having two license plates and an inspection sticker!

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ahve not read the thing about Jan 1st...Please inform me on this situation...

·
Registered
691 Posts
here is what i remember off the off the top of my head you might wanna go online and look it up for further details......... but the state is running out of money to fix the roads so the whole 757 area has passed some new road way law in witch there widening all of 1-64 2-64 and so on and supposed (key f-in word here) to fix it up real nice at a small cost to the tax payer of around 177 per household a year gas will go up 5 cents to get your car registered is now 60 instead of 30 if you own a house you need to lube up your corn hole because property tax's are going WAY WAY up and getting work on your car wil go up.......... its' retardet as hell.... they have been working on 64 for as long as i can remember 22 plus years and it still drives like $hit the traffic still sucks @$$ and it took tem over 10 f-in years to build the flyover's at 64 and mercury blvd....... this just proves its for poor people to get poor and the rich bastered's to get richer......... people that own construction company's will get payed...... in return these company's pay the state tax's revune and so on and so forth.......... its one big $hit pie everyone on this peninsula and all the middle and lower class folks are going to take a big bite of it

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Makes me even happier to be moving out of this state next year...

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I cant find anything ont he new road tax or anything...

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
3,156 Posts
So get this ****... I took my boat out the other day and launched it in one of Norfolk's lakes... a harbor patrol/Norfolk police whatever-she-was grey haired dyke gave me a ticket for failure to have a "boat permit." I had no idea I even needed a permit for Norfolk waterways, I have had my boat in the water through the Little Creek base marina plenty of times, and never knew of the need to have a permit. I explained to her that I had no idea and she still gave me a ticket, and it's not even pre-payable. I have to go to court August 22. I'm hoping the judge will just throw it out because I didn't know any better.

·
RIP Dennis
76,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Make sure and get the permit before you go to court...If you explain the situation he might take it easy on ya...

I hate VA...Cant wait to move...Would ahve already moved but my fiance is still in Nursing School here (Riverside) and I dont want her to have to switch schools seeing as she is so close to being done witht he RN program...

1 - 20 of 80 Posts