Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not going to happen. Nor will June, July, or August. Nor will any other month.

It is now Ride of the Year.

In October and November, the discussion for which four cars you members feel like should be in it will begin. Members nominated must be current, and publicly state they wish to participate. I'm still not sure how many noms it will take to get in, but probably five at least.

During that same time, the staff will decide on two members to put up. That discussion will take place separate of the normal talks, and include who we feel like should be in. I will have to figure out how the two ROTM winners this year will play into this year's votes. They may get an automatic in to this year.

December will be the time to vote. I will create a Showoff thread with the six entrants cars and info. It will also be the voting thread, so there won't be any going back and forth to see who you want to vote for. The winner will not only be labelled ROTY for that year, but will automatically be inducted into the Showroom, and retired from competition.

The entire staff did not come by this decision lightly. ROTM participation is down, and it's becoming more difficult to moderate. Once a year solves these problems.

But it does open up a few others. Like how the front page will be handled. Look to see a more tech oriented front page in the future, with more content than we have had previously. Got something you want to see up front? Pm Shelbydog, and let him know.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I'd really like to see some install and product reviews. Like Marc said, pm me with your ideas/requests. I'm up for anything from detailing basics to engine assembly.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Not going to happen. Nor will June, July, or August. Nor will any other month.

It is now Ride of the Year.

I has a sad

The winner will not only be labelled ROTY for that year, but will automatically be inducted into the Showroom, and retired from competition.

RenegadeRukus, winner of 2045 ROTY due to lack of available members... At least there won't be repeat people winning every year, gives us people with turd cars a chance in like 5 years

But it does open up a few others. Like how the front page will be handled. Look to see a more tech oriented front page in the future, with more content than we have had previously. Got something you want to see up front? Pm Shelbydog, and let him know.

I do look forward to this though... That front page has been pretty meh.
Replies in red

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Everyone talks about how they love ROTM and we should make it better and keep it going... then noone participates in it nor votes in it. lol

ROTM was cool in the early days of car forums but it's just not that interesting anymore.

·
At the Apex pulling 1.28g
6,578 Posts
I appreciate the work that goes into this by staff, I really do but this isn't that surprising.

My only hope is that going forward the ride of the year competition has more going for the winner than an article on the front page. My recommendation is for a prize of sorts that puts more meaning into the voting and winning.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I appreciate the work that goes into this by staff, I really do but this isn't that surprising.

My only hope is that going forward the ride of the year competition has more going for the winner than an article on the front page. My recommendation is for a prize of sorts that puts more meaning into the voting and winning.
How about an article on the front page plus a handy from a forum member of your choice.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts

i've tried to push for this in the past but to no avail. even just a t shirt or something would be cool

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.