Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They will be if Steve Jobs (from the grave) has anything to do with it. A very good read on the ongoing litigation between Apple and Google over Google using stolen patents to produce Android phones.

How Steve Jobs could haunt Android - Therese Poletti's Tech Tales - MarketWatch

Couple good quotes from Steve Jobs from the article:

“I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product,” Jobs told Isaacson. “I’m willing to go thermonuclear war on this.”

“I don’t want your money. If you offer me $5 billion, I won’t want it. I’ve got plenty of money. I want you to stop using our ideas in Android, that’s all I want,”

“Our lawsuit is saying ‘Google, you f---ing ripped off the iPhone, wholesale ripped us off.’” He also said he was willing to spend “every penny of Apple’s” then-$40 billion in cash to “right this wrong,” and he vowed to “destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product.”

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I don't get what they stole? They made something similar to another product, who cares? Guess all the knock off cereal brands better watch their butts.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
This has been going on for a while now. Apple threw the first punch against HTC over a year ago. They even tried this a LONG time ago against Palm. But Palm basically said "**** you, have you seen our 20 year patent history? We've been making patents on touchscreen devices since before there were touchscreens."

The same thing is happening with HTC and Samsung now. Apple has violated just as many patents as Android has, so the lawsuits aren't going anywhere.

·
I Want A Good Speed Raping
13,304 Posts
Many many companies have cases like this. nothing will come of it. HTC, Google, and Droid will continue to make there product and so will iphone.

Nike and under armor have there compression products almost 100% the same yet nike isn't suing under armor.

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
I've used iphones since the 1st gen.....when i got a taste for bigger screens, LTE SPEED and FLASH in the web browser.....i was like **** YOU APPLE!!!

Verizon Thunderbolt here......love it. I want the Motorola Bionic now.

TBH if there was an iphone that had a 4.3 screen, LTE AND flash i'd get it...but that wont happen anytime soon lol.

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I've used iphones since the 1st gen.....when i got a taste for bigger screens, LTE SPEED and FLASH in the web browser.....i was like **** YOU APPLE!!!

Verizon Thunderbolt here......love it. I want the Motorola Bionic now.

TBH if there was an iphone that had a 4.3 screen, LTE AND flash i'd get it...but that wont happen anytime soon lol.
Aren't you an ATT salesman? Lol

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
This has been going on for a while now. Apple threw the first punch against HTC over a year ago. They even tried this a LONG time ago against Palm. But Palm basically said "**** you, have you seen our 20 year patent history? We've been making patents on touchscreen devices since before there were touchscreens."

The same thing is happening with HTC and Samsung now. Apple has violated just as many patents as Android has, so the lawsuits aren't going anywhere.
Yep. Even their name, Apple, was stolen and they got their asses handed to them for it. What's original about the iPhone anyway? Pinch to zoom?

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts
and what you have there is a man scared of competition. this has been going on for generations. someone does something that works and other use the idea to come up with something better. its just a matter of time before people realize apple makes the exact same phone with the exact same software every single time they say its a 'new" iphone and get bored with it.

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
Yep. Even their name, Apple, was stolen and they got their asses handed to them for it. What's original about the iPhone anyway? Pinch to zoom?
iPhone created the smart phone and everything that they are. So, to answer that question. They are the original.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
That Regular Guy
10,393 Posts
and what you have there is a man scared of competition. this has been going on for generations. someone does something that works and other use the idea to come up with something better. its just a matter of time before people realize apple makes the exact same phone with the exact same software every single time they say its a 'new" iphone and get bored with it.
Not really scared. The man had a dream to create one phone with one button and he did it.

·
I'm Ridin A Coyote!!!!!
6,481 Posts
Aren't you an ATT salesman? Lol
Hahaha yeah lol. My manager is always telling me to put my phone away. One day i covered the Verizon symbol with an at&t logo and people thought it was the HTC inspire (at&t version of tbolt pretty much)...... Good times lol.

·
I Want A Good Speed Raping
13,304 Posts
iPhone created the smart phone and everything that they are. So, to answer that question. They are the original.

Incorrect IBM actually created the first smart phone back in 1992.

And yes jobs was scared of competition. It meant he actually had to do something new with his product other then make it faster.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
I wouldn't say collectors. How many androids are on the market? They roll them out by the Pallets.

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts

and by that logic ford should sue every other car maker for stealing their idea because their the origional

Not really scared. The man had a dream to create one phone with one button and he did it.

and google made it better like i dont know a back button used in multi tasking which is something apple knows nothing about.

Incorrect IBM actually created the first smart phone back in 1992.

And yes jobs was scared of competition. It meant he actually had to do something new with his product other then make it faster.
and they have not done so. in a age where people want bigger phones they made a smaller phone. the only new great thing they have done is siri. which is neat until you realize anyone can use your phone with it even if your phone is locked.

iPhone 4S Release Date: Siri Poses Security Risk - How to Secure Your iPhone 4S? (VIDEO), Christian News

oh but way theres a way around it. just turn siri off lol. what a joke

1 - 20 of 152 Posts