Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 152 Posts

·
I Want A Good Speed Raping
13,304 Posts
I don't get what they stole? They made something similar to another product, who cares? Guess all the knock off cereal brands better watch their butts.
No alot of "off brand" things are actually owned by the large corporations.

For instance, Maveric cigerrets is an "off brand" or not a well known brand. Maveric cigerrets is owned by malboro. All a Mav cig is, is the left over tabacco from making malboro cigs.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
Funny how android is ran off of a linux based system and apple is ran off MAC junk...The lawsuit wont happen...Funny how this JUST comes up as apple is seeing more and more competition from Android phones...

"The look and the feel of the iphone"...So Iphone stole the look and the feel of Palm? Am I hearing this right? I mean there can only be 1 smart phone company right? A monopoly? Again lawsuit null and void...

BTW the first Iphone was released in June 29, 2007 and the first Android OS was released in 2005...So I am guessing apple will accuse someone of going back in time to steal their OS...Again lawsuit null and void...

The only thing they share is the fact they are both smart phones and they both are parts of alot of peoples daily lives...IMHO it ends there...

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
Also the android phones have been taking voice commands for over 3 years...So Apple should watch their ass as Siri rips Android off actually...

·
I Want A Good Speed Raping
13,304 Posts
Also the android phones have been taking voice commands for over 3 years...So Apple should watch their ass as Siri rips Android off actually...
I know the Iphone 3GS had voice commands also. I am not sure what OS upgrade it was.

I like iphones, I like droids, I see why people like each. I view them as on the same level. I find it RETARDED that apple is trying to sue HTC for this BS.

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts
Funny how android is ran off of a linux based system and apple is ran off MAC junk...The lawsuit wont happen...Funny how this JUST comes up as apple is seeing more and more competition from Android phones...

"The look and the feel of the iphone"...So Iphone stole the look and the feel of Palm? Am I hearing this right? I mean there can only be 1 smart phone company right? A monopoly? Again lawsuit null and void...

BTW the first Iphone was released in June 29, 2007 and the first Android OS was released in 2005...So I am guessing apple will accuse someone of going back in time to steal their OS...Again lawsuit null and void...

The only thing they share is the fact they are both smart phones and they both are parts of alot of peoples daily lives...IMHO it ends there...
preach on brotha jobe

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
I know the Iphone 3GS had voice commands also. I am not sure what OS upgrade it was.

I like iphones, I like droids, I see why people like each. I view them as on the same level. I find it RETARDED that apple is trying to sue HTC for this BS.
Which was after 2009...

·
11,488 Posts
yea blackberry and palm phones were around years before iphone. all apple did is make them dumb dumb friendly but not giving you options to do anything to them but install apps and listen to music.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
My boyfriend has a droid x, and his voice command stuff sucks, and the speech to text is absurd, it thinks every other word is "New York" His last text said

" New York Thegeneral.com the roads are going to read don't know ha blind date"

I have no idea what he was trying to say. lol

My Iphone gets what I say every time, and I am a terrible mumbler. haha

·
11,488 Posts
the droid x is also a 3 year old phone. how good was the voice command on the iphone 3 years ago? you cant compare a brand new phone to a old phone. of course the new is going to win. lets compare the iphone 4s to the new samsung nexus prime shall we. nah not worth it the iphone has no chance

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
the droid x is also a 3 year old phone. how good was the voice command on the iphone 3 years ago? you cant compare a brand new phone to a old phone. of course the new is going to win. lets compare the iphone 4s to the new samsung nexus prime shall we. nah not worth it the iphone has no chance
well his is only 2 years old, but it does run the newest software, and the voice recognition is all software based.

Hopefully the new Nexus is better than the last one, which was a total failure if I recall correctly, it was supposed to "crush the iphone" but aren't they all?

·
Registered
10,592 Posts
and what you have there is a man scared of competition. this has been going on for generations. someone does something that works and other use the idea to come up with something better. its just a matter of time before people realize apple makes the exact same phone with the exact same software every single time they say its a 'new" iphone and get bored with it.
Give Apple some credit. When changing from the iPhone 3 to the iPhone 4S, they did FINALLY manage to add a camera and video capability. When the original iPhone came out, it was called "revolutionary" but it didn't even have a camera. Then the 3G came out and it couldn't even take video. I thought this it was advanced and revolutionary. :confused:

Like I've said since the iPhone came out, there's no new technology in the phone. Just a bunch of existing technology, wrapped into one shiney package, and overhauled w/ a very user friendly GUI. REVOLUTIONARY!

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
actually the newest software is 4.0 hes running 2.3

4.0 will be released any day now
I don't know what version he is running, all I know is that it did some sort of automatic update and he now has a completely different looking phone than what he had before.

21 - 40 of 152 Posts