Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 152 Posts

·
MM Elder/Retired Site Mod
11,488 Posts
Give Apple some credit. When changing from the iPhone 3 to the iPhone 4S, they did FINALLY manage to add a camera and video capability. When the original iPhone came out, it was called "revolutionary" but it didn't even have a camera. Then the 3G came out and it couldn't even take video. I thought this it was advanced and revolutionary. :confused:

Like I've said since the iPhone came out, there's no new technology in the phone. Just a bunch of existing technology, wrapped into one shiney package, and overhauled w/ a very user friendly GUI. REVOLUTIONARY!
now if they could only manage to integrate multi tasking ability. oh wait thats not going to work with only one button lol.

call me weird but i like being able to stop what im doing to check my messeges or email and go back to what i was doing without having to start over.

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
now if they could only manage to integrate multi tasking ability. oh wait thats not going to work with only one button lol.

call me weird but i like being able to stop what im doing to check my messeges or email and go back to what i was doing without having to start over.
On the Iphone You double click the home button and you can go back to exactly what you were doing, in the same spot as you were when you left to check a text to answer a call.

·
I <3 Boost
7,687 Posts

The iphone has had multitasking since the 3Gs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide App

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
My iPhone is jailbroken and I've had all of those capabilities since the first one was released way back when.

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, the voice recognition isn't perfect even on my brand new Droid Charge. But it gets the job done, and 4.0 will be better.

But it won't be long until the development community has something even better than Siri up and running on Android. Some MIT grad students whipped up an alpha of "Iris" in like 8 hours. Now they've even got it up on the market.

Android Developers Create Siri Rival "Iris" in 8 Hours

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
Voice Recognition is always hit and miss...I have a country accent so I don't even try to do voice commands...Siri is the same way...Its just how voice commands work...With 4.0 it will be better but I still wont use it as its just less hassle to type...

But its the same basis...Apple is just trying to cause controversy and try and kill the competition...Does no one remember the mudslinging when Windows went up against Macintosh in the late 80's/Early 90's? It was the same **** with each trying to sue each other to kill out the competition...IMHO its how apple always has done business and always will...

·
Smokin' Hot Blonde
774 Posts
Many many companies have cases like this. nothing will come of it. HTC, Google, and Droid will continue to make there product and so will iphone.

Nike and under armor have there compression products almost 100% the same yet nike isn't suing under armor.
That would be because UA designed said compression products (which I'm looking as actual compression that provides benefits to athletes not just spandex) first and failed to patent them ;-)

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts
Really? How did you manage to get picture and video capability on a phone that didn't even have a camera?
HAHAHA I was kinda wondering that myself

·
Senor Pointy Boots
3,922 Posts
It's things like this that make me cringe at the thought of how bodies of people can become too possessive of ideas. The beauty of technology is that we shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel each time we create something new. Better things are made today from the ideas of yesterday, and it should continue on that way. It is sad how people want to cling onto their product (be it technological, scientific, or material) and try to sell it to others as superior when there surely is something better out there. I give credit to Steve Jobbs for his marketing ability to sell his product, but eventually there will be something else that will be (or already has been... Android ftw:p) better.

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because the opponent eventually dies, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." - Max Planck

·
I Want A Good Speed Raping
13,304 Posts
That would be because UA designed said compression products (which I'm looking as actual compression that provides benefits to athletes not just spandex) first and failed to patent them ;-)
UA's compression gear and nikes dry fit are what im talking about. The dry fit was actually out befor UA was created. (this is from my understanding) they are made of almost identical materials with minimal changes. This is why nike would have a case against UA.

I only have a basic understanding so some of it may be miss information i reseaved. You may be correct. Compression gear tho is a general term now and i don't think you can patent the term compression gear.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
They are 2 different operating systems. I'll give it that.

I'm going to leave it at this: He who gets there first, wins. I'm sorry Android, but Apple was there first with the truly original "touchscreen phone". If it weren't for the iPhone, no touch screen smart phones would be where they're at today. If you try to argue this point with me, I will pretty much tell you to you're full of sh1t.

That being said, if most android phones weren't the size of a damn cinder-block, I'd consider getting one.

·
RIP Dennis
76,414 Posts

I'm going to leave it at this: He who gets there first, wins. I'm sorry Android, but Apple was there first with the truly original "touchscreen phone". If it weren't for the iPhone, no touch screen smart phones would be where they're at today. If you try to argue this point with me, I will pretty much tell you to you're full of sh1t.

That being said, if most android phones weren't the size of a damn cinder-block, I'd consider getting one.
Clock and Weather is an Application on most phones made by an outside developer...While yes apple perfected the touchscreen smart phone but it was far from the first touchscreen smartphone...Sony and Nokia beat Apple to the punch by over 7 years in that market...

·
Senor Pointy Boots
3,922 Posts

I'm going to leave it at this: He who gets there first, wins. I'm sorry Android and Apple, but it was Palm that was there first with the truly original "touchscreen phone". If it weren't for the Treo, no touch screen smart phones would be where they're at today. If you try to argue this point with me, I will pretty much tell you to you're full of sh1t.

FTFY your opinion is left untouched.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Clock and Weather is an Application on most phones made by an outside developer...While yes apple perfected the touchscreen smart phone but it was far from the first touchscreen smartphone...Sony and Nokia beat Apple to the punch by over 7 years in that market...
Should have corrected my original statement...Multi-touch screens. You can't sit here and say that most gestures on the Android aren't the same for the iPhone...

If Nokie beat Apple to the punch by over 7 years, why aren't they as successful like the iPhone? Why aren't they up with Apple, Android. It's Apple versus Android right now. There's a reason why it's not Apple versus Android versus Nokia.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
I like the clarity of android phones, but bigger isn't better IMO. There just too big

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Should have corrected my original statement...Multi-touch screens. You can't sit here and say that most gestures on the Android aren't the same for the iPhone...

If Nokie beat Apple to the punch by over 7 years, why aren't they as successful like the iPhone? Why aren't they up with Apple, Android. It's Apple versus Android right now. There's a reason why it's not Apple versus Android versus Nokia.
Marketing. Getting people to believe a product is new and different and better is more effective than actually creating that product.

41 - 60 of 152 Posts