Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a few days ago the Service Engine soon light comes on. I took it to autozone and had them read the code its a P0171 which is lean fuel mixture in bank one caused by something who knows what so I've been told and found the following things. The MAF Sensor is dirty(check that off cause I cleaned it and the light is still on) Vacuum leak?(got to go to Ford to fix that), Low Fuel pressure which is impossible since I just had a brand new Fuel pump installed. That or my friend said maybe oxygen sensors but I don't think that would be it because it said on the readout that the 02 sensor was picking up lots of oxygen going by. The car does feel like it lost some power but i'm not sure what else to do Should I just take it to the mechanic and see what they say?

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Yeah I would have a shop check for vacuum leaks. Hopefully its just a gasket or somethin small... that code though has been because of o2's I believe on some other cars. That may be a route to take they are relatively cheap. A good shop will be able to check if those are good as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts