Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get an idea of how much 4.10 would affect my overall gasmilage. Right now I have 3.55 I drive about 25 miles hwy and 5miles hwy to work and 15 miles hwy and 15 miles city from work (take a different route) and I get about 19-20 miles per. gal. In June I am transferring and I will be driving about 30 miles hwy 4-5 miles city. Just trying to get an idea of how much my mileage would be affected. I am guessing overall it would not really hurt since I will be doing more hwy driving overall.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
From the math Zippeee's posted it sounds like you'd be hard pressed to find a mpg change before/after. Well, sounds like you'll be driving more overall, but the mpg shouldn't change unless you decide to start hitting it light to light. :)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking that overall it would not change. I will be driving about 5 miles maybe a little less to work, but it will be more hwy and less city/town.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
oh man your crazy... 4.10's aint gona hurt ya.. you'll be glad you did. iit might just save gas around cuz so much more torque available

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may just stimulate the economy with my refund check and buy some gears.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
there ya go! make sure you get a nice gear set... ford makes the best (oem is always the best gear) i have a set of ultra light richmond 4.10's in my ls1 truck, niiiiiice holeshot, slight whine. richmond are hard to get to pattern right, but mine meshed fine first try. motive makes a nice gear some say better than richmond... i think richmond is supperior IMO. i'll prolly go with another set of ultra lights when i do my s197.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
how mucho mulla?

·
Registered
158 Posts
On the brenspeed 93 perf. tune I get 17-18mpg.Dougs 93 race tune I get 20-21mpg. Thats a 60 mile oneway trip running 75-80 just so I dont get run over by trafic.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I lost roughly 2 mpg when I went from 3.31 to 3.73. Averaging about 27 mpg on the highway, with the cruise set on 70, and right around 20 mpg overall combined city and highway driving. Most of my driving is around suburbia, with an ocassional foray onto back country roads or an interstate, and I have a hard time keeping my foot out of the firewall at times, so if I were to drive a little more civilized the combined mileage may be better. But where would the fun be in that? I'm fortunate enough to have another car for a DD, so every time I get in my GT its feels like the first time. Hey, there might be a song in there somewhere.:D:tomato

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just to give a rundown of my mileage during different phases of my mods:

Stock mpg was 29 hwy

K&N CAI installed with no tune and the mpg jumped to 31, maybe 32, I can't remember for certain now.

Gears and Brenspeed 93 tune (done within a couple of days of each other) took it down to 27 hwy.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
I tach about 2500 in 5th at 70 mph. I get about 23 mpg If I only stop for gas.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts