Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry that i am a little behind on the subject but... It seems like people were saying that you had to get a new guage cluster with the information center and a $35 wiring harness to have the mycolor. But my ? is, i have the information center that tells me miles to empty, miles travelled, tire pressure updates, oil pressure and so on. So do i still need to get a new guage cluster, or is this the one i need. I have an '08. Its a base model and i guess the silver trim was standard in '08. I dont have leather seats, the 1kw system, it was originally bought and sent directly to saleen to convert, but when saleen found out ford had '09s out, they sold it to the ford dealership i got it from brandnew (im not just saying this to say it, i have it on the window sticker, but it doesnt matter). So that is why my car didnt have everything like a spoiler and leather, 1kw system, nice rims and all the bells and whisles.:confused:

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
i think you still need the cluster because thats where lights are located.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
try seeing if its in setup

·
Registered
978 Posts
^+1
sounds like it!!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not in my setup, i tried today. i guess i got to buy the cluster too.:sorry

·
Registered
247 Posts
You will need to order both the new gauge cluster and the plastic replacement buttons, which are right next to the power outlet above the radio. You are looking about $500 total for everything and labor.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Hmm

I thought the MyColor and trip computer and all that was part of the IUP.

Maybe Saleen special ordered em without the MyColor but with the trip computer because their gauges have the computer but not mycolor, if that makes any sense.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
thats probably it then.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im jus going to call the dealership and ask them so i can get the facts straight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts