03/04 Mach 1's
01 Bullits

and IIRC
96-98 Cobra's had them too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha oh ya BRAKES... ANNNND i KNOW i need new rotors, i'm not a gear head, but i'm smarter than the average box of sparkly colored crayons with the sharpener on the back... they are very worn...
and thanks everyone i figured it out!!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I never turn rotors. If they are bad I would rather replace them. Not really one for taking off stopping material :) My buddy had a set of rotors turned and the hsop got them all out of round and they were horrible.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
are bullitt brakes a worthwhile/economical brake upgrade? Oh, and there is nothing wrong with turning rotors, like anything else it has its limits of course but to take a light layer off to straighten em out is no big deal

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I never turn rotors. If they are bad I would rather replace them. Not really one for taking off stopping material :) My buddy had a set of rotors turned and the hsop got them all out of round and they were horrible.
Your buddy needs to find a more reputable shop then, I have had plenty of rotors turned and never had a problem..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
when it comes to turning rotors i do it myself BUT not everyone has access to that machine... and they are fine after as well, thats why the machine is in use in like EVERY break shop... but anyways, ya replacements won't be much...

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts