Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know theres a million cam questions out there...im just looking for a replacement cam..nothing to fancy..im getting a whole new stock 302 block and it doesnt come with a cam..should i get the e303..or what?

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
put an ad on craigslist, looking for stock cam, will pay up to 15 dollars

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I agree go with the stocker and you should be able to pick one up next to nothing since everyone likes to swap the cam out of these cars even though most of the time it's not needed.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Wait...

An e cam will give him a SLIGHT (somewhere between none and some) bit more topend power, even on a stocker. Not to mention I garentee he wont mind having a slightly chopier sound. I say if he can find one used and for a cheap price put it in.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i found one for 160 brand new online...i figure if im putting a brancd new block in i might as well do everything brand new, i just want to make sure it will work with stock heads and everything else

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
nope youll need springs, my friend floated a valve twice with an e303 and stock heads/springs

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well i dont have the money to replace my heads right now since im getting a whole new block, and i want a new cam put in since everything else is going to be new, and aparently the e303 wont work with stock heads so i guess my only option is a stocker right??

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
well i dont have the money to replace my heads right now since im getting a whole new block, and i want a new cam put in since everything else is going to be new, and aparently the e303 wont work with stock heads so i guess my only option is a stocker right??
They will work with stock heads. The valve old stock valvesprings can give way and you can float valves. I have personally bent valves with an e-cam, IDK the rpms cause it was a carbed car, with no rev limiter, and I have also had 130,000 mile springs with an F-cam hit the fuel cutoff and not float.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so it could be fine...and could not be fine right? i guess i just got to take a chance with it

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
valve springs are easy to change, especially with the heads off the block, and you can get them for under 100 dollars. Id do the springs at the same time if you use a bigger cam.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts