Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I have just missed this and yes I most likely should know this answer but is there a set of cams that we can install today for n/a and eventually use in f/i ? I am having a very diffcult time deciding on the two but would like to replace cams regardless.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The compromise ! Look out !

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
The term blower cam is a little outdated when it comes to the 3v camshafts. Old school it meant something becuase n/a cams were n/a cams. every cam out for our car is a blower cam in the classic deffinition. Except Thumprs and Hot Rods, even the hot rods could work. But why do it.

The off the shelf cams they call blower cams now are really high boost cams. 15psi or more. they tend to just have more lift if you compare comp specs, maybe a little less overlap but not much. And a little more exhuast dur. Are you running more then 15psi? Your going to have a engine builder anyway then.

Check out this stuff

Read the paragraph that says cam accordingly in this article.

All The Basics Of Engine Superchargers - Chevy High Performance Magazine

Understanding How Camshafts Work - Engine Masters Magazine

check out question #3 But all of our cams have a wider LSA 112 or more.

Technical Specs & Information

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The term blower cam is a little outdated when it comes to the 3v camshafts. Old school it meant something becuase n/a cams were n/a cams. every cam out for our car is a blower cam in the classic deffinition. Except Thumprs and Hot Rods, even the hot rods could work. But why do it.

The off the shelf cams they call blower cams now are really high boost cams. 15psi or more. they tend to just have more lift if you compare comp specs, maybe a little less overlap but not much. And a little more exhuast dur. Are you running more then 15psi? Your going to have a engine builder anyway then.

Check out this stuff

Read the paragraph that says cam accordingly in this article.

All The Basics Of Engine Superchargers - Chevy High Performance Magazine

Understanding How Camshafts Work - Engine Masters Magazine

check out question #3 But all of our cams have a wider LSA 112 or more.

Technical Specs & Information
Thanks Rich lots of good info sir
Reps

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts