Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is it to do a cam install? what do i need to to? remove the front fascia? and how much do cams usually go for, i know they probably vary on price depending on the brand and type..what do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did u do yours, yourself?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
the tool is very simple, the tool is a plastic wedge that you hammer to hold the timeing chains up while you change out the cams

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea i think a twin screw would make up for that power down low, basically i just need somethin to wedge the timing chain, so my timing doesnt get screwed up? i think id just rather pay for the install rather than screwing it up myself

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
hear ya there, it is always better to have someone else have to deal with that kind of headache. If the chains do slip then you have to pull the front cover off the motor and that means everything has to come off the front the motor

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah i was thinking that too...i have done cams on old muscles car a bunch of times but thats easy as ****...but i was like well im never going to learn how to on the new motors if i never do it so....will hope and pray not to **** **** up...lol...my parnets are like i hope you dont mess anything up either...lolol...

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol yeaa ill let them do it...i think before i go that route, ill do forged internals

·
Registered
991 Posts
hear ya there, it is always better to have someone else have to deal with that kind of headache. If the chains do slip then you have to pull the front cover off the motor and that means everything has to come off the front the motor

couldnt you just mark the gear and the chain and if it slips off just put it back on...just wondering...

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
in theory yes but it all needs to be timed with the crank, you would have to put the crank at top dead center and set the chains with the cams in there respective spots

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
how much do forged internals run, with install?, i suppose with forged internals u dont need to worry about popping your motor above 500 whp

1 - 20 of 28 Posts